View Poll Results: Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be both giving and receiving SW gifts

47 27.49%
  • I'll be giving SW gifts, but not receiving any

18 10.53%
  • I will be receiving SW gifts, but not giving any

71 41.52%
  • I'm not getting or giving any SW gifts

35 20.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

With the holiday season's big finale fast approaching, several different areas of collectibles from toys to prop replicas, and Lucasfilm advertising the Star Wars Original Trilogy DVD set as the perfect gift, this week's poll asks whether you will be giving any Star Wars gifts or are expecting any yourself. Next year is the release of the last Star Wars movie so the next holiday season will probably be swamped with Star Wars merchandise, but in some ways that makes this year all the more unique for Star Wars fans because there isn't a torrential flood of product yet there is plenty to be given and received.

Obviously, a lot of folks don't know for sure what presents they're receiving, and some of us still aren't sure what we are getting others, so when you vote, just vote with your best guess.

Re: Will you be giving or getting any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

I have already purchased several of the VOTC action figures fore my godchild. She is 5, and really likes the Episode IV A new hope movie. As far as getting any Star Wars gifts, I seriously doubt I will get any gift, let alone a Star Wars gift. My son is giving me a C.D. rack he built in wood shop.

Does it count if you buy the gift for yourself? If that's the case, then I celebrate Christmas almost everyday.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I got my stepson the Vader case w/ two figures and 6 others, so thats what I am giving. And to boot, the Fett from the Vader case is the variant w/ no shoulder emblem. I also have a few lay-a-ways out there, so I told my parents and wife to pick them up for me. Plus my wife is giving me some money that will be stashed away for Midnight Madness, the extended Christmas present is the best.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I damn well better be getting SW toys for Christmas or I'll be truly ********. That's all that I told people to buy me.

On the giving thing. I've bought tons of SW to give as gifts for others. For my oldest brother I bought the Holy Trilogy, Chewie Unleashed, and the Tusken Unleashed. I also bought SW gifts for two other people but I can't say what they are because they may read it. (Yes Rocketboy I bought you something Star Wars.)
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I also bought SW gifts for two other people but I can't say what they are because they may read it. (Yes Rocketboy I bought you something Star Wars.)

AM I the other person?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

You can be. I think I dropped something off in the toilet that looks an awful lot like Jabba.

Sorry KH. Maybe next year.

BTW, it's for my brother.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I think I will pass on that one.

I've had at least one Star Wars Christmas gift every year since the seventies, and it won't stop now. It's not Christmas without Star Wars! But I think this year I will need to buy my own because my wife flatly refuses and my daughter is only 2. I've already got that covered, but I can't tell myself what I am buying because it will ruin the surprise.

I should be receiving SW gifts. I really don't know any fans (or collectors) to whom I give gifts to (maybe my sister's boyfriend, but he isn't not on my list). Only SW gifts I should be receiving are Lego sets. I space my Lego purchases out because it one the few items my family can easily find. Its pretty rare for me to ask for non Lego items or the occasional book. Friends and family just can't find the stuff, so why ask for. And one final thought, I better not be getting the DVDs.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    I space my Lego purchases out because it one the few items my family can easily find.
    I do the same. The fact that I can't afford to throw down $100 everytime they want to release a cool set helps too. I got a few of the miniatures from WOTC that I didn't have as early gifts. Mainly my girlfriend buys me stuff the rest of my family don't encourage me. I also have a friend who used to collect that might pick up the odd thing for me. But most of the time it is something I already have and I have to act pleased because I would like to recieve more Star Wars gifts. The worst part is that it is never figures you want to get extras of like Stormtroopers it's usually Jar Jar with his tongue sticking out or heaven forbid commtech Han!
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22