Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Titanium Series at Walmart!!!

I was at a Walmart in Hazleton, PA yesterday night and they had a full assortment of the Titanium Series!
    They had 6 each of the X-wing, Boba's Slave I, Falcon, and a TIE.
    I originally saw on GH.com taht these were gonna be $9.98 and I figured at that price, I'd pass....but they are actually only $4.99!
    They are heavy for such little ships. I opened the Falcon and the X-wing so far, plan on opening all four. The Falcon has both gun turrets, both move, and a rotating Rectenna(ridiculous, but THAT'S what it's called per the trading cards), as well as three little landing gear, permanently down, with a shading on the bottom. Really nice paint job, just cool to have. The X-wing has an opening cockpit, wings stuck in attack position, and a big retractable landing "leg" in front. The "cannons" come off and again the paint job is very cool.
    The Slave I looks great and the TIE is excellent-very heavy, again, for such a small-scaled ship and very well painted. Oh, and they all have the two-piece stands these types of toys have had forever. Only difference is the SW logo is literally gleaming .
    The packaging is great for all the carded collectors out there. Upon looking at all four together, each one has a color scheme and packaging detail to match the ship inside. The only packaging drawback is the way the package is assembled, all the tape on the back pretty much destroys the card back info.
    All in all, I stick to the 3 3/4" line, but for $5 bucks, these are too cool to pass up.
    Now, if Wally World would only put out the last remaining OTC and ALL the new POTC in quantity, stat!

Re: Titanium Series at Walmart!!!

Now, let's update this thread with a pathetic observation, shall we....

Now it's 4/4/05.
    I went out for Midnight Madness and assumed that Hasbro was holding back the 1st four and the next 12 Titanium vehicles. Boy, was I wrong.
    In NE PA, only 2 Walmart(Hazleton and Dickson City)got cases of Titanium in, and NOWHERE to be found were the first four.
    This is an example of why people drop SW collecting and have immense hatred for Hasbro's shipping/retailer ordering.
    To add insult to injury, the catalog inside the AT-RT and the yellow Jedi Starfighter both list quite a few more to come in this series...Battle Damaged Falcon, for instance.

Did anyone reading this post reply FIND the 1st four(Falcon/TIE/Xwing/Slave 1) on Midnight Madness or during this past weekend?
    I'm afraid that since NO online retailer seems to be selling these, much less none at Walmart.com, I can only assume the worst for the Titanium Series future...
    Thoughts, anybody...?

My 2 WM's still have a few first wave and tons of the second wave.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yes, my Wal-Mart had a cardboard display in their tent sale for the Titaniums. They had the original four along with all the new releases. I stopped by today to find a decent quantity still in stock. I'm sure most collectors are after the figures right now but with the die-cast priced at $4.97 I'm sure they'll be snatched up eventually.

I think the reason this line was so difficult to find originally was that the toys weren't listed on Wal-Mart's '05 mod so associates weren't quite sure where the heck to put 'em. I've seen them alternatively in the novelty toy, hot wheel, and action figure aisles.

all i have to say is ...its about time! i have been waiting for some good micros to show for awhile , and i'll take what i can get.
    the yellow jedi starfighter is awsome!
    later

Alas all of the Walmart I checked had none. I was wanting to get these too. I never collected them before but it looked like a good place to start. Oh well maybe I'll see them later.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I was at my local Pennsylvania Walmart Friday evening, and they had the aisle at both ends blocked 6' high with pallets (sp?) of cases of bottled water so you couldn't enter while they stocked the display. I peeked over and could see all the Hasbro cases. All said "action figures". I asked if there were any vehicle items called "Titanium", and they said no, but I didn't come back at midnight, or the next morning to check. Our area has been pathetic for SW vehicles going back to everything past the 2nd wave of Galoob Action Fleet. Our only Kaybee closed recently, so even if I wanted to overpay, I still would be out of luck. Did all Kaybees close?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

My Wal-Mart here in Bozeman, MT had NO Titaniums- and continues to not have any

...damn...

As I have decided not to sell my current old school Galoob metals (of which I have them all- w00t!) and to get these new ones.

Hope I can find them...

Quote Originally Posted by SWAFMAN
    Did all Kaybees close?
    Nope, quite a few are still open. However the closings wiped out all KayBees in a few states I think. Oklahoma being one of'em, not a single one here.

Still only Wal-Mart around here has the Titaniums in the actual store. One Wal-Mart had wave 2 in a tent sale, but no space in the actual toy section.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    My 2 WM's still have a few first wave and tons of the second wave.
    It's good to see that yer Walmart does have these still, they are really cool, especially since I am just giving in to branching out from the 3 3/4" line.

I'm hoping that the Wave 1 four get re-packed in with future cases. I'd make sense since SO MANY have not seen Wave 1...