Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rank your Top 10 most-favored Star Wars lines

There's so much out there! Pick your Top 10 from these categories and list them #1-10 (1 being your favorite you can't live without):

Make sure you BUY what you rank - or that you will buy

Hasbro 3 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets, deluxe figures
    Hasbro 12" figures and deluxe packs
    Hasbro Unleashed statues
    Hasbro Galactic Heroes figures and vehicles
    Playskool JediForce figures and vehicles
    Hasbro Star Wars Buddies plush toys
    Del Rey / Scholastic Star Wars fiction novels
    Dark Horse Star Wars comics and graphic novels
    Master Replicas lifesize weapons and accessories
    Master Replicas vehicles
    Code 3 Collectibles Star Wars vehicles
    Hasbro Clone Wars animated figures
    Legos Star Wars prequel and sequel vehicles and playsets
    Galoob / Hasbro Star Wars MicroMachines
    Galoob / Hasbro Star Wars Action Fleet
    Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars statues
    Kotykabuki (spelling) Star Wars statues
    Marmit Star Wars Action Figures
    Wizards of the Coast Star Wars roleplaying games
    Parker Brothers Star Wars Trivia Pursuit, Monopoly, and other board games
    LucasArts videogames, specify which system if you only have 1
    Lucasfilm DVD / video - movies, cartoons, etc.
    Add in your own if it is not listed here!

Tycho responds:

1) Lucasfilm DVD / Video for the movies on DVD especially, and Clone Wars

2) Hasbro 3 3/4" action figures - starts it all

3) Hasbro 12" action figures - I hold on to hope that this stuff will improve

4) Hasbro Star Wars Unleashed - I'm really surprised how much I like this line

5) Dark Horse Star Wars Comics - if you don't read "Republic," you're losing out!

6) Scholastic (and Del Rey) Star Wars novels - the Boba Fett series especially!

7) Hasbro / Playskool Galactic Heroes - just gotta like "cute"

8) LucasArts video games for PC computers (only have some Rebel Assault and Rogue games, but piloting games kick butt!)

9) Galoob / Hasbro Action Fleet ships - useful for scaling in 3 3/4" dioramas

10) Hasbro Clone Wars Animated Figures - they're not the top of my list, but I won't leave them on the pegs. Actually, some fun stuff!

Re: Rank your Top 10 most-favored Star Wars lines

1) The Holiest of Trilogies (without em we wouldn't have anything else on the list
    2) Hasbro 3 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets, deluxe figures
    3) Lego's
    4) Hasbro 12" figures and deluxe packs
    5) Hasbro Unleashed statues
    6) Hasbro Clone Wars
    7) Hasbro Galactic Heroes figures and vehicles
    8) LucasArts videogames
    9) Galoob / Hasbro Star Wars MicroMachines
    10) Galoob / Hasbro Star Wars Action Fleet
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Ranked in SK99 Star Vision...

1. The Original Trilogy.
    2. All of the 3 3/4 inch figures.
    3. The 3 3/4 inch scale (sort of) ships.
    4. Marmit 12 inch figures.
    5. Gentle Giants busts.
    6. Kotobukiya model kits (I picked some of these up in Japan and the ROCK!!!).
    7. Unleashed
    8. Playskool Galactic Heroes
    9. Kubricks
    10. LEGO (figures)

When I first read the title I thought you were gonna list the lines ie POTF2, EP1, EU, SOTE, POTJ, OTC, etc.
    May the force be with you.

Kenner Line(Like Slicker said)
    Hasbro 3.75, playsets
    Legos
    12" line
    GH/playskool
    Unleahsed
    Video Games
    Board Games
    -------------------------------
    Code 3
    Master Replicas

The line seperates what I have in my collection(top) and then what I would buy iof they werent so damn expensive.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

1. Hasbro 3 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets, deluxe figures - I doubt I'd still be into Star Wars with out these little fellas, especially through the 80's slump.

2. Lucasfilm DVD / video - movies, cartoons, etc. - As with the figures, without VHS, there wouldn't have been any Star Wars for me.

3. LucasArts videogames - Hours upon hours of NES, Gameboy, Super NES, N64, Playstaion, Playstation2 - While the games haven't always been the best, there have been some good to great ones ones, like: The Super NES Trilogy, Shadows of the Empire, Rouge Squadron, and Bounty Hunter.

4. Unleashed statues - Do I even need to explain these? They are friggin' awesome!

5. Dark Horse comics - While I'm not a fan of EU, they can add a freshness to the Saga and tell interesting and fun stories that probably wouldn't be told any other way. Tag and Bink are Dead pretty funny. The Infinities were a great idea, with usually crummy endings. Tales was a cool concept. Republic is probably the only was we'd ever see more than a small part of the Clone Wars.

6. Galactic Heroes - Try and resist them - it's impossible!

7. Legos - I was initially really pumped for these. With the exception of the really expensive sets, I haven't really been too impressed with what they've done with most of the line. Still, there are some really good ones there, like Slave 1.

8. Hasbro 12" figures - Only have 5 or 6, but they look really cool on a shelf in a sweet pose. The entire line itself is hit or miss though, especially when it comes to the sculpting. Lots of wasted potential.

9. Del Rey / Scholastic Star Wars fiction novels - Novelizations and Shadows of the Empire only.

10. Action Fleet - It was either these, which I've only bought a few of, or the Clone Wars figures, which I love, but don't own any.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

1) Hasbro 3 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets, deluxe figures
    2) Hasbro Clone Wars animated figures
    3) Playskool JediForce figures and vehicles
    4) Hasbro Galactic Heroes figures and vehicles
    5) Galoob / Hasbro Star Wars MicroMachines
    6) Legos Star Wars prequel and sequel vehicles and playsets
    7) Lucasfilm DVD / video - movies, cartoons, etc.
    8) Hasbro Star Wars Buddies plush toys
    9) LucasArts videogames, Gamecube

10) Hasbro Unleashed statues
    10) Hasbro 12" figures and deluxe packs
    Tie for #10 as most Unleashed and most 12" pretty much suck or aren't very good. Only a few of each have caught my eye enough to spend money on them.

My List :

Hasbro 3 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets, deluxe figures
    Del Rey / Scholastic Star Wars fiction novels
    Dark Horse Star Wars comics and graphic novels
    Lucasfilm DVD / video - movies, cartoons, etc.
    Hasbro Unleashed statues
    Hasbro Clone Wars animated figures
    Legos Star Wars prequel and sequel vehicles and playsets
    LucasArts videogames - PS1/PS2/PC
    Vintage Kenner Line
    Promotional Items (Not a line,but close)

The DVDs/Videos arent higher because I'd rather read the books or comics then see some Ewoks-esq cartoon about it(Not that I dont love Ewoks!).Everything else is pretty simple to explain,toys!
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

1. Galoob / Hasbro Star Wars Action Fleet - Really only Galoob, as Hasbro's contribution has been pitiful thus far. Still, best SW line ever, tons of vehicles, tons of figures, several playsets, not very expensive, perfect for play or display.
    2. Hasbro 3 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets, deluxe figures - I'm a bit of a sucker for this line, I like the accessories, articulation, vehicles, and detail, but I have a bad habit of buying even the garbage here, which I've been fighting against lately.
    3. Galoob / Hasbro Star Wars MicroMachines - Again, Hasbro hasn't contributed much of anything in the MM world, but oh well. Micro Machines are the genesis of modern SW collecting, they were big when POTF2 wasn't even in the planning stages. Micro Machines have incredible detail in tiny packages, and you'd see Galoob come out with stuff like capital ships that the other companies wouldn't touch. The MM brand has several sub-lines - die-cast, Action Fleet, x-rays, even podracers - and all of them have their own charms. The line also went crazy with small playsets, lots of fun features in both platform and transforming.
    4. Legos Star Wars prequel and sequel vehicles and playsets - technically it's "LEGO", and technically it's "OT and Prequel" since OT sets came first. Lego has done what enthusiasts had been asking them to do for an entire generation, and while some of the sets have been less than stellar, the line has done very well and been lots of fun. The line has branched out into Technic, UCS, MINI, and even Mindstorms. I like it for the interaction between vehicle and figure, and also the ability to customize designs with my own Lego pieces.
    5. Hasbro Galactic Heroes figures and vehicles - Really I prefer the Playskool line, the Star Wars Adventures packs, simply because it was an adventure in a box whereas these are just 2 minifigs, and no new vehicles. Still, the chibby nature of the G.Heroes line melds cute with Star Wars with just the right touches, and the vehicles have been great fun too. It's a fantastic display line that's also secretly fun to play with, unless you have little children around, then there's no secret about it.
    6. Hasbro 12" figures and deluxe packs - I'm sorry to say that I've completely given up on this line, I have so many pieces, maybe a hundred total, but when I look back, I realize I was missing the trees for the forest, I loved the concept of the line that I didn't notice how many pieces annoyed me with crappy oversized head sculpts and minimal accessories and undersized outfits and bulky bodies.
    7. Hasbro Star Wars Buddies plush toys - These are funny little collectibles that came around at a time when SW collecting in the modern age was getting very serious. They were cheap and fun and made for entertaining display pieces. If Hasbro released some new ones, I might jump back into collecting these, and I'd like to see those 3 cancelled OT figures get released as well.
    8. Star Wars Reference Manuals & Books, Various Publishers - I used to be so into this, getting reference manuals of props and tech guides alike. Ep 2 kinda killed it for me, but I still love my weapons & tech and vehicles essential guides, my Incredible Cross-sections, and my Star Wars Chronicles book.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes JediTricks: - I forgot how good those "techie" books were. I love Cross-Sections, most Essential Guide books (like the Chronology, Character, and Alien Species ones).

One unifying thing I see here is that we are all united around the 3 3/4" line for the most part, yet it's amazing how different ideas from different companies have gained their footholds in our collections as well. Star Wars has a lot to offer, that's for sure.

While ranking these I finally realized how unhappy I am with most of these lines.

1.Dark Horse Star Wars comics and graphic novels
    Sometimes my Borders doesnt keep up that well with these but I still love
    Republic, Obession, Empire and Im starting to come back to Tales. (I thought that Tales was HORRIBLE for the longest time. Im so glad they got a new editor.)
    2.Del Rey / Scholastic Star Wars fiction novels
    Although some are not the best that they couldve been, I still enjoy all of the novels and there have been a lot latley- its been a good time to be a reader of SW. The guides are great too- im glad that they have been redoing some (i.e. Weapons and Tech.) I hope that they will redo Planets and Moons..
    3.Legos Star Wars prequel and sequel vehicles and playsets
    I really hope that this line starts up big again for E3, from what Ive seen of the lists it does look good. I whish that their "good" sets werent $100 though. A lot of the tiny sets have been ok but not great- while big stuff, like the AT AT, have been great. (I also love my Tantive IV on top of my SW Book case )
    4.Hasbro Star Wars 3 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets, deluxe figures
    What can I say.. Dont hate me but Im almost looking forward to the end. The last thing I did find was the POTC- I didnt even find half of the figures I wanted from the OTC. Hasbro has really brought the line up and it has also brought it down for me. And why didnt they wait until christmas for the OTC? [I kinda know the answer (they wouldnt have enough time to fit in the other great stuff) but still I think they wouldve made more money, I mean for christmas all they have out are some measliy (Sry Tycho) cantina dudes?]
    5.Galoob Buddies plush toys
    You should see Chewie and the Wampa sitting together!
    6.Hasbro Star Wars MicroMachines
    These were great- especialy the captial ships- The frigates, Mon Cal, Star Destroyers, I really liked those ones that came with the books ( What a cool idea!!) I think hasbro should do that for NJO characters or any other book peoples.. (Clone commando? )
    7.Galoob / Hasbro Star Wars Action Fleet
    Why were they in such shirt supply for E2?? Anyways I had many great hours playing with these when I was little. Im kinda kicking my self for opening my E-wing and Tie Defender when I see they are going for $120 on ebay..
    8.Hasbro Unleashed statues
    Again great- Would help if I could find some more though. The price is great for what you get. Cant wait for the stormtrooper.
    9.LucasArts videogames, specify which system if you only have 1
    When I was little we got Rebel assault 1 for our comp- It was funny becuase none of us could get past the first few turns on Beggars Canyon.. So my dad went back to Computer city and asked the guy for codes, we got them in the mail about 2 weeks later. Anyways we still laugh about that till this day. My only complaint would be that there arent more games for Mac- and if they do come out to mac it usally takes around 6 months.. And they need more NEW SW games for gamecube. (i.e. BATTLEFRONT! KOTOR!) Im still kicking myself for getting a GC, but at the time thats when SW games were out for it..
    10.Lucasfilm DVD / video - movies, cartoons, etc.
    I was almost devastated when I found out that there werent going to be any cut scenes with the OT. Again I dont know why they didnt release this for christmas but whatever. I really shouldnt be telling this but I still havent even finished A New Hope yet... What kind of a fan am I you must be asking... One that hasnt finished watching his dvds and calls himself a SW fan. Oh well. The only reason this is on my list is that you need movies if you are going to have this merchandise.

PS. I dont dislike the movies in anyway.

PSS. Tycho I know how you feel know when you type long posts.
    Last edited by mastermatt24; 12-20-2004 at 04:53 PM.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush