Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: When Cute Becomes Dangerous: the Star Wars collector community is afflicted

Just a quick question: Where are you all finding the Jedi Force figures? More specifically, what aisle (regular figs, little kiddie figs, ect.)?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I've been finding them at Target almost exclusively, and usually either next to the regular SW figures or on the second Action Figure aisle with the TMNT and sports figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes, at Target, they are by the Sports figures. At Wal-Mart, there were by the HotWheels and toy cars and trucks isle.

JediTricks, the back of the Speederbike box shows that Luke's helmet and poncho are removeable with words like "Remove Luke's Endor Accessories to create Luke Skywalker as a Jedi Knight!" or something to that affect and they show the picture.

Luke is not wearing his helmet in the non-blister packaging on the speederbike. You can touch him, the bike, and use the "Try Me" lightsaw, which is a green spinning wheel hedgetrimmer for all you "Better Home and Garden" fans, but in SW, they use trimmers with crystals from Illum apparently (I'd love to check out the Craftsman section at the mall on Coruscant).

Anyway, Luke and the bike are just twist-tied into the cardboard packaging, but it looks nice.

Maybe I'll buy them...this is getting very dangerous though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Very funny.
    You're a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    In any case my choices are
    Oh heck! Just buy and open (or not) whatever you want. This whole hobby is based on impulse buying, and if you like something go for it. I'm only "happy" I don't care for them because it'll save me money. Though I have to admit, I was tempted to get that Vader toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Hee hee, squealed at the G.Heroes, I hope nobody giggled at him during the show.
    No, he didn't really squeal. For the record, it was fun sitting with him at the Q&A, though I would have rather been there the time he wheeled in his Tantive IV.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    PF, the G.Heroes line *did* come out a few years ago, when they were the cooler "Star Wars All in One Adventures" line
    That's right, I forget about that line. It's funny, because when it first came out my son was right on the line between liking both the basic figures and those. I suppose if he hadn't already had a bunch of basic SW figures, he would have gotten more into the others. Same goes for Transformers actually. When they came out with those first "Go-Bots" figures, I think I even bought him Cheetor and Optimus Primal. He kind of liked them, but he only played with them once.

They're weird. They look like they're geared toward a 2-3 year old, but what kid that age is gonna know anything about either Star Wars or Transformers characters? They're more to please parents that are fans of the lines I suppose. (Oh no! I'm giving away Hasbro's marketing secrets. )
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Just a quick question: Where are you all finding the Jedi Force figures? More specifically, what aisle (regular figs, little kiddie figs, ect.)?
    Mainly at Target for me too, but only in the Targets that have two action figure ailes. It's always in the next aile over from the regular SW stuff (usually next to Spider-Man and freinds/TMNT stuff).

I've also seen them once or twice at TRU next to all the regular SW stuff. I've only seen Vader once though (at Target).

--------

Star Wars Buddies? - Nope, don't have any interest in these at all.

Galactic Heroes ships and figures? - Yes, I've bought everything that's been released so far from GH and the "all in one adventure" sets (except the duplicate vehicles).

Clone Wars Animated Figures?
    - Absolutely! I love the cartoon, and the line. I can't wait to get the new stuff. Two of each for me with this line (except the clone trooper, I have 11 of him - 10 are loose and on display).

JediForce figures and vehicles?
    - Originally I was only going to buy Vader, but ended up getting all 4 figures. I'm a sucker for small lines, and I like the deformed stuff. I'm not sure if I'll get the vehicles yet or not, will have to see 'em in person first.

Star Wars Buddies: I like how they look, i remember when they first came out wanting to pick them all up, but a lack of cash derailed all that. Im skipping them now.

Galactic Heroes: I love how they look but again will not pick them up. I really dont need another vice. But if a Gamorrean is released...

Clone Wars Animated: I do collect these. Something different than the typical figures. And seeing how there isnt many of them, the price isnt really a bid deal anymore.

Jediforce: NO. I dont really care for the Rescue Hero look they have. I took one look at Luke and immediately knew it wasnt going to happen.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Galactic Heroes: I love how they look but again will not pick them up. I really dont need another vice. But if a Gamorrean is released...
    Hey KAK,
    A Gamorrean has been released! He comes in a two pack w/Jedi Luke.

Aaaaargghhhh!!!

*begins to kiss his money goodbye*
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Has the G.Heroes Tatooine wave actually hit stores yet? I thought it was still on the boat.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I've seen them at online stores, but I have yet to see them in my local stores. It's gotta be any day now though.