Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Playskool Luke with x-Wing eBay exclusive

On SirSteves home page, they had an article on a Playskool Luke with x-Wing eBay exclusive. I was wondering if anyone else had taken an interest with this? I bought 1, as it had a "buy it now" for $30. I have yet to see any of this line, and was happier with the overall look of the old playskool line, that is now "Galactic heroes". However, I will reserve judgement until I have this set in my hands, and can compare the two side by side. I will most likely not open this set as it is a limited #, so I hope it isn't something that is in a solid box with no window. Thoughts?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Re: Playskool Luke with x-Wing eBay exclusive

I seen the basic figures at Target. $7.99 each.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Originally I was only going to buy Vader, but I've ended up getting the other 3, and still haven't found the elusive Vader...

They're kinda neat. Nothing too special, they kinda remind me of some sort of deformed Japanese toys or something. The thing I like the most about them is the light up sabers. My Luke's saber shines nice and bright blue!

Not sure if I'm going to get the vehicles yet or not though.....

I too bought one for $30 bucks and am awaiting the Fedex delivery which should come Friday.

As for the box, it's solid cardboard with a try-me hole plus a small opening to see the engines light up. At $30, it seems like a decent deal; I suspect this vehicle will end up on shelves though, underneath the exclusivity logo is text about the toy not coming with any figures (the ebay version comes with Luke & R2).

Although it looks a lot like the G.Heroes X-wing, it appears to be quite bigger and have different features. I've seen all 4 figs at Target, Vader looked good, Chewie looked silly smiling like a doofus, 3PO looks OK but his eyes don't stay on, R2 looks good, and Luke looks pretty wonky unless you're into the Rescue Heroes type of sculpting. Getting Luke & his helmet & lightsaber as well as R2 without having to get 3PO and carded Luke's silly "vehicle" accessory seems like the best part of this deal. For me, this line doesn't look like it'll replace or even suppliment my G.Heroes collection.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got mine (eBay exclusive X-Wing) last Saturday, and I read the box stating that the figures were sold sepretely. I failed to read the sticker on the box which states that the "exclusive" includes both Luke and R2, and I didn't even bother to open the box, before firing off a letter to the seller. I felt silly when I got home later that evening, to read the sticker, and open the end of the box to find both Luke and R2 enclosed. Haven't had much time to look the ship and figures over though.

Can we say "D'oh!" boys and girls? Should have read my previous posts in this thread, but we all make mistakes, it's their fault for not making it more clear what was going on... and your fault for not paying better attention to what you were buying.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    I seen the basic figures at Target. $7.99 each.
    I have yet to see these in the Illinois area Target stores. Are they with the Star Wars stuff, of closer to the Playskool toy line? I always neglect to check that section.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Can we say "D'oh!" boys and girls? Should have read my previous posts in this thread, but we all make mistakes, it's their fault for not making it more clear what was going on... and your fault for not paying better attention to what you were buying.
    I know, I know, you would think I would have learned after being burned on two eBay auctions. At least I have the figures with the X-Wing.

So, gonna open it and give us a review?

Still have it in the box. I should open it though, I just have no room anywhere to display it. Plus my reviews suck.