In 1999 or thereabouts, another corporation made its move to ensnare its helpless consumers with another ploy to exploit their weaknesses. This time, the victims were "us."

And here came the Star Wars Buddies: the first run for little plus Beanie-Baby type Star Wars characters including Chewie, Wicket, Salacious Crumb, a Jawa, R2D2 and C-3PO, Watto, JarJar, the Wampa and whatever else you could possibly make "cute" out of the Star Wars universe. And we were suckers for it! (fess up if you collected the Star Wars buddies - I did. They're cute!)

But in 2002 Hasbro attacked again. Their Playskool Brand released the beginnings of what would later become the Galactic Heroes action figure and accessory line:

An N-1 Fighter, Darth Maul, Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Battle Droid, and Anakin Skywalker

with subsequent sets making not only Darth Maul "cute," but Chewbacca who is irresistable to most Star Wars fans, and a Millennium Falcon for him to fly in - complete with an interior with as many features as the mainline Falcon counterpart!

2003 saw the release of the Clone Wars Animated Figures - cartoon versiosn of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Durge, Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku, Clones - and more on the way! Worse yet, there's more coming and the cartoon show became a must-have on DVD (soon to be released).

Now in 2004 get set for the JediForce Again, Chewbacca is the most dangerous - one look and you'll have to have him! But they make even Darth Vader look cute, plus there's Luke X-wing and R2D2 and C-3PO for $6.99 each. When will it stop?

In the event it doesn't, are handpuppets next? Too late - a JarJar Binks one that burbs and farts was released in 1999 and when you stick a plush chubba in his mouth, he slurps and finally shuts up. Sad thing is, that while I didn't buy this, I think I might wish I had.

The Truth is - it started in 1983 with cute plush Ewoks, Ewok TV movies that are now DVD hits, and a cartoon show that spawned its own line of figures for Ewoks and Droids that we were all suckers for way back when.

So who here collects:

Star Wars Buddies?

Galactic Heroes ships and figures?

Clone Wars Animated Figures?

JediForce figures and vehicles?

Fess up, suckers! I guess I'm one of you!