Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Did Qui-Gon See His Own Demise?

I was thinking the other night about when little Anakin is talking about seeing Qui-Gons "laser sword" and says that no one can kill a Jedi. Qui-Gon then gets an almost sad face and says "I only wish that were true". Could it be possible that he foresaw himself getting killed by Maul? As far as I know the Jedi didn't die unless by accident, natural causes, or the occasional peace keeping mission death. The Jedi had no one to fear in these times because it was before the Sith revealed themselves so what would cause Qui-Gon to make such a statement except for him seeing the future?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Re: Did Qui-Gon See His Own Demise?

Nah, it was just another clunky attempt at foreshadowing by Poet Lauriette G. Lucas. Sort of in the same vein as when the old woman (who has absolutely nothing to do with the story) is brought onto the screen to say the immortal and overused words, "a storm is comin'." Gee, I wonder what that could mean?

Well, if you read ShadowHunter, you know that Maul killed a Jedi. Qui_gon was out looking for him as well. ALso I am sure he knows about Jedi who have past on in battles and such. Probably some of his friends. I am sure he has heard stories from Yopda who was around for Hundreds of years.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yes but "the Sith have been extinct for a millenia". If there were no official "Jedi killers" why would the most powerful group of people in the galaxy have need to fear dying if no one has the ability to do it. Obviously Jedi have died from altercations but I'm sure the rarity of it would not be enough to frighten someone.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Isn't/wasn't Aurra Sing some big time Jedi killer or some crap?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

IF you go by EU. Which I don't but you would probably have to take that into account because it is liscensed(sp?) by George.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

You almost have to go by EU in this situation. There is no "cannon" on this subject. I understand why ypou wouldnt but we know in 1000 years, some Jedi have had to be murdered.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

That's exactly it though. Some Jedi have been murdered in 1,000 years. That's a long time for there to be even a couple of hundred Jedi murdered. I'm not sure how many Jedi there are in the galaxy but I'm assuming the number is in the thousands or tens of thousands. To only have a few murdered out of that number wouldn't scare me that much if at all. I've kind of always thought that Qui-Gon may have seen his death but I didn't realize it until I was thinking the other day.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

To the same degree, we must wonder if all Jedi see there own death. Ben was dueling pretty hard on the DS1, but as soon as he saw Luke, he gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    To the same degree, we must wonder if all Jedi see there own death. Ben was dueling pretty hard on the DS1, but as soon as he saw Luke, he gave up.

That wasn't a case of Ben seeing his own death, methinks. I think that he just realized that he would be more help to the cause as a spirit. So instead of continuing to duel with an indefinite outcome, he realized that by taking one for the team would compel Luke to stop shooting, get on the ship, and get out of there to fight another day.