Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kotobukiya

Orange Kotobukiya now up at sws.com

starwarsshop.com now has the orange Pal up for sell...........
    I'm that SCRUFFY LOOKING NERF HERDER your mama warned you about..

Re: Kotobukiya

Got it! Thanks for the heads up!
    May the force be with you.

You guys have all the luck what with your exclusives and the fanbase that will undoubtebly import the rest from Japan. I live in the UK so i will have to sit it out untill they become available over here and for Double or even triple the price i hasten to add . That ScoutTrooper is kinda tempting but i'll be sticking to the Sandtroopers and i've already got the Stormtrooper. Don't you guys just hate waiting for these after you hear there available.

I cracked and got my first Kotobukiya. I picked up Boba Fett at a local comic store for $80.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with this thing! Its much sturdier and heavier than I thought it would be, and the detail is amazing. I'm very happy with it!

I'm thinking about getting some more. Maybe some imperial troops, the clone trooper, or possibly Darth Maul. Do you guys have any suggestions for me?

Congrats on finding Fett for $80.00, that's about $20.00 less than anywhere else here in the states. Fett is one of my favorite Koto's.

I love these things, but I don't care for the "human" figures too much, ie Anakin, Mace, Han, etc.

I went with the Stormtrooper/Luke Trooper, Darth Vader, Darth Maul and Boba Fett. I also per-bought all 3 Sandtroopers and I plan on getting the Yoda and Scout Trooper.

I prefer these to statues, the price is better and they are very detailed and sturdy as you said, not as likely to get broken. That's kind of important for me, as we tend to move every 3-4 years.

I have kept all my packing boxes for the Gentle Giants stuff and they tend to take up a lot of room after a while.

For your second one I would go with Darth Vader. Fett and Vader were the first 2 I bought while I was in Japan. Then I bought Luke/Stormtrooper and Darth Maul. I passed on Han and the Clone Troopers (yep I actually saw the color Clones in Japan, limited to 1,000 each, but I passed). I prefer to stick to the OT figures. With the price of these things I have to keep my Koto collection pretty focused, so Darth Maul is the only PT Koto figure I have.

Kotobukiya ROCKS!!!

I would like to see them do a Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver, TIE Pilot and another Stormtrooper with a couple of interchangable arms for various poses!!! They could just do a basic Stormie and then reuse the arms they made for the Sandtroopers in basic white (no sand paint job) and call it a deluxe...Gentle Giants style!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    I'm thinking about getting some more. Maybe some imperial troops, the clone trooper, or possibly Darth Maul. Do you guys have any suggestions for me?
    Darth Maul & Vader should be on the top of your list. I have those two, the Fett family, and a white Clone Trooper. I don't care for the human ones like sith_killer_99 said. I want a Stormtrooper & the Sandtroopers. I can't wait to find Yoda.

these look terrific...i cant decide whcih to get first..vader or maul...

Right on, thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm with you in that I don't really like the human kits either. The facial likeness doesn't seem right on any of those IMO.

So I ended up getting a second already - a white clone trooper. I picked it up at a comic shop for $75. I really dig it! Vader and Maul are most likely the next ones I'll get.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koto boba.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	10183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koto boba and clone.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	10184  

Nice score!

The Clone is a nice figure, I was pretty tempted, but as I said...must...stay...focused.

I see you also have the Gentle Giants Clone Trooper mini bust. Also a nice piece. Again, I had to stay focued on the OT stuff. Too many great collectibles and too little money.

Crap!

I don't usually pay attention to these things, but the Star Wars Shop email I got with the Biker Scout just sucked me in. I hadn't seen this before. So of course I couldn't help myself and ordered one. While I was there I wandered the virtual aisles and also ordered a Darth Vader statue (cha-ching), a Darth Vader Figural Mug (it looked cool...so sue me), and a Hoth Battle Snow Globe (I figured, what the hay). Plus I get a Free Gift: a Topps Revenge of the Sith Promo Card.

Can't wait for this bill to come in, eh?