Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Kotobukiya

Re: Kotobukiya

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Nice score!

The Clone is a nice figure, I was pretty tempted, but as I said...must...stay...focused.

I see you also have the Gentle Giants Clone Trooper mini bust. Also a nice piece. Again, I had to stay focued on the OT stuff. Too many great collectibles and too little money.
    I know what you mean... I'm trying to stay focused, but y'know how it is with this stuff. I try to collect all the troopers, bounty hunters, and Sith with the busts and statues. Although if some other character really strikes me, I'll probably break my little formula and buy it. This will probably happen when I see the ESB Yoda...

-------------

Stillakid, that Scout looks awesome! I'll be picking that one up as well. SWS.com is a dangerous place. I just finished placing the two exclusive Koto Sandtroopers on pre-order. I figure this will be my only chance to get them at retail price (with the low production run and all). Can't wait to get them next month!

....although I don't really know how I'm going to be able to afford them yet. Still need to figure that one out

So who got the Sandtrooper Corporal (Black Pauldron) on pre-order?

Right now I have a lot of these on order, so far:

Sandtrooper Black Pauldron
    Sandtrooper White Pauldron
    Sandtrooper Orange Pauldron
    Scout Trooper
    Yoda (ESB)

Whew!!! Total with shipping is just short of $500.00!!!
    May the force be with you.

So who got the Sandtrooper Corporal (Black Pauldron) on pre-order?
    I was thinking about it. I really want the white one so that's all I have pre-ordered right now. I'll wait to get the orange either in a local shop or something.

I have the two exclusives on pre-order from SWS.com, but I'm gonna try to get the rest locally. All the comic shops around here usually sell them for around $80.

edit:
    Oh yeah... I don't know why I didn't mention this before. Last week I scored a Jango Koto. My lady had gotten me a gift certificate for Tower for $50 for V-day. They had the Jango on their website on sale for $69. So I ended up only paying around $27 on it.

Jango was never my first choice with these, but the price was to good to pass up. And now that I have it setup, I really like it!
    Last edited by Reefer Shark; 02-25-2005 at 03:19 PM.

I think i mentioned this before, but doesn't the stance on these Sandtroopers look rather feminine? I would use another word, but it gets me in trouble around here. Please reply to this, because thats the only reason I'm not buying these troopers.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    I think i mentioned this before, but doesn't the stance on these Sandtroopers look rather feminine? I would use another word, but it gets me in trouble around here. Please reply to this, because thats the only reason I'm not buying these troopers.
    LOL, Yeah I kinda noticed it when you mentioned it before. But after checking the pics out a few more times, it didn't really bother me anymore. I think it'll look very nice when all three are set up together. Plus the fact that they have interchangable arms helped unfluence my decision.

btw: Here's a pic of the Koto Jango next to Boba. I plan on making some sort of stand for him. He looks better up a little higher IMO, it helps the "flying" look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koto boba and jango2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	10321  

Some of the stances are a bit femanine, but I think they were going for more neutral poses. The Stormtrooper/Luke has a slightly femanine pose with his left hand/wrist. It dosen't really bother me. As Reefer Shark said, the arms are interchangable making for a variety of poses. Besides, I am a sucker for Imperial bad guys and Bounty Hunters.

BTW, the Black Pauldron Sandtrooper isn't listed on SSW.com anymore, it probably sold out. I believe it has the shortest run of all 3 Sandtroopers.

BTW, the Black Pauldron Sandtrooper isn't listed on SSW.com anymore, it probably sold out. I believe it has the shortest run of all 3 Sandtroopers.
    Yep, looks like the black one is the most popular. It went to out of stock status pretty quick at SSW.com. In fact I had originally missed out on ordering it, but it showed back up there a few days later and I jumped on it. They both had a run of 500, I think it's more popular because he has that cool rifle.

People are paying high dollars for the Japanese TRU exclusive (run of 1000 each) version on ebay, while it seems the white one doesn't get many bids at all.

Here's an auction that ended at $265 + $40 shipping. Someone paid $306 for one of these!

Koto Sandtrooper Corporal auction
    Last edited by Reefer Shark; 02-27-2005 at 11:49 PM.

Wow, I'm glad I got mine on pre-order when I did!

StarWarsShop.com has posted the charges for the two Sandtrooper exclusives on my card today - so hopefully that means they will be shipping soon!