Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

The Bust-Ups Thread!

Yes, I just caved and bought a bunch of these little suckers today. And the best part, at only a $1.88 each!!! Sam Goody was(is) having a sale on a bunch of stuff. I picked out 2 and the guy at checkout says, "Hey did you know these are only a $1.88?" I said "I'll be right back." and picked up several more. Heres what I got....

Yoda
    Darth Maul
    Royal Guard
    Stormtrooper (holding rifle up)
    Stormtrooper (cholding blaster forward)
    Count Dooku
    Darth Sidious

They had most everyone from Series 1,2 & 3. Worth checking out if you want extras or ones you dont have!

The thread is also for other Bust-Up news too!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: The Bust-Ups Thread!

Nice! That's a sweet deal. I have series 1, 2, and 3, plus the holographic Sidious. I also have a shadow box setup with 12 stormys (all in different poses).

They're neat little things, I'm really looking forward to the ROTS wave.

The first Bust Ups I got was the Chicago 4-pack last year at Wizard World, then later on down the road I bought a random pack and pulled Chewie. A great piece and now I'm pretty much hooked on them, I have some catching up to do though.

Can't wait for that ROTS wave, the Anakin/Vader looks cool as do all the others.

I like this line as well because it like getting a decent bust for little price. I even have a Vader on my computer at work, great conversation starter.
    I just wish there weren't so many variations of each character, I have two different vaders and three different stormtroopers but now i hear that there was three vaders releashed in the intial wave as well as two different leias.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I just picked up the holographic Sith Lords 2-pack from my local comic shop this evening (along with NECA's Patrick Bateman figure). These are just the latest in my Bust-Up collection. I absolutely love these things!!! I didn't at first but soon changed my mind.

So far, I have...

Darth Vader (both regular variants and the hologram variant)
    Darth Maul (one-handed saber variant and the hologram variant)
    Stormtrooper (two-handed blaster and bent-up arm blaster variants)
    Royal Guards x2
    Darth Sidious
    Boba Fett
    Jango Fett
    Zuckuss
    Princess Leia (outstretched blaster variant)
    C-3PO
    Yoda
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca

Can't wait for Series 4!!!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I thought the Stormtrooper bust-ups could only be posed in 8 ways (at least 8 that made some semblance of sense)?

By my approximation there are 41 bust-ups available. Here is a list in the order of release, to the best of my memory.

1.) 2004 Toy Fair Blue Clone Trooper
    2/3/4/5.) 2004 Summer Convention Spirit of the Rebellion 4-pack (clear Leia, Luke, Han, & 3PO)
    6/7/8/9.) 2004 Summer Convention Spirit of the Rebellion 4-pack variation (glow-in-the-dark Leia, Luke, Han, & 3PO)
    10.) EE exclusive clear Yoda
    11/12/13/14/15/16/17.) Series 1 - Han, Luke, Chewie, Yoda, Leia (blaster pointed up), Leia variant (blaster pointed straight), & C-3PO
    18/19.) AFX exclusive (at first) Holo Vader & Holo Maul
    20/21/22/23/24/25/26/27/28/29.) Series 2 - Emperor Palpatine, Royal Guard, Count Dooku, Stormtrooper 1, Stormtrooper 2, Stormtrooper 3, Darth Vader (lightsaber in left hand), Darth Vader variant (lightsaber in right hand), Darth Maul (lightsaber in 2 hands & teeth showing), Darth Maul variant (lightsaber in one hand behind back with no teeth showing)
    30.) Crimson Empire TPB with Holo Emperor & Royal Guard (same guard as previously released, so not a different #)
    31/32/33/34/35/36/37.) Series 3 - Boba Fett, Boba Fett variant (silver), Dengar, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Jango Fett, Bossk
    38.) Clone Wars vol. 2 TPB with copper-tinted Chewbacca & Yoda (same Yoda as previously released, so not a different #)
    39/40/41 - Black-Hole Stormtrooper 1, 2, & 3 (these were released in the SWS exclusive 3-pack, as a chase figure) [I forgot to add them and didn't feel like renumbering]

Plus next week at SDCC, they will have a silver Jango Fett.
    Also, it's possible to rearrange the 2 Leia, Vaders, & Mauls to give you 5 more possible bust-ups. The same thing can happen with the Stormtroopers and black-hole Stormtroopers, of which I thought there were 8 possible combinations that could be made.
    Plus series 4 will have at least 7 more, not counting any variants. So that brings a grand total of 64 bust-ups.

I'm missing Dengar, silver Boba, the two TPB ones, and the black-hole Stormtroopers.

I wish I would have seen this earlier, all my area Sam Goody's & Suncoast's have been out of bust-ups for a while. I just bought a Dooku on eBay for like $12 bucks.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Series 5!!! Gentle Giant has posted some great pcitures of Bust-Ups Series 5 which is scheduled for December and will be of "The Empire Strikes Back" Theme.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=WEB7582

The line will include Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, the Wampa, Snowtrooper and Darth Vader, and the AT-AT Driver!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Wow, they look great! I dig how they have the ice forming at the bottoms of the figures - it helps them look more like actual busts than half-action figures.

Sign me up for a set of these guys. Wonder what the variants will be? Probably the snowtrooper and pilot I bet.

GH is reporting there will be two Vaders; one with a red-flame base & one with a blue-flame base.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

A picture of the upcoming Hoth Wave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4664-bustups.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	11717  
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”