Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McFarlane Toys: Bram Stoker's Dracula in 2005!!

Ok, I'm a pretty critical person when it comes to Toddy Boy. But this announcement seriously has me excited for a McFarlane figure for the first time in ages. I hope that they can get most of the actor likenesses and that we'll see a lot of the most requested characters from the line. A good Dracula figure in the red armor from the start of the film especially. Unfortunatly given Anthony Hopkins reluctance to license his likeness, I doubt we'll see a Van Helsing. But as long the Knight Dracula, Butt Hair Dracula, and tons more, I'll be happy. The wait til late 2005 is gonna hurt though.
    MCFARLANE ANNOUNCES 'BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA' FOR 2005

Characters from Horror Film to Get the McFarlane Toys Treatment
    December 23, 2004

Blood-suckers and night stalkers, the line forms here: McFarlane Toys has acquired the action figure licensing rights to the 1992 Oscar award-winning horror film Bram Stoker's Dracula. This is the first action figure license granted by Sony Consumer Products for Francis Ford Coppola's masterpiece.

Directed by Coppola and based on Bram Stoker's classic Dracula novel, the film has an all-star cast including Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder and Anthony Hopkins. The film has grossed an estimated $200 million worldwide and won several awards, including an Oscar.

Fans can expect the artists at McFarlane Toys to capture the details and magic from the popular movie in collectible three-dimensional glory. The new figures from Bram Stoker's Dracula are scheduled to be released in late 2005.

We have no additional details to share at this time, but we'll fill in the blanks here on spawn.com as soon as possible.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 12-23-2004 at 05:35 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: McFarlane Toys: Bram Stoker's Dracula in 2005!!

Interesting to note that it's "figures." If ever a character belonged in Movie Maniacs as a stand-alone, it's Dracula. And certainly not Robocop.

Still, should be some pretty cool action figures statues.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That's cool. I would probably only buy the red-armored Dracula though.

These sounds really cool. I can see myself picking these up.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

It's about frikkin' time!

Too bad they won't be nearly poseable enough...

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Ok, I'm a pretty critical person when it comes to Toddy Boy. But this announcement seriously has me excited...
    See, this tells me a lot about you JarJar. You really like either Dracula, Vampires or Gary Oldman so much, that you're actually willing to say nice things -- at least initially -- about McFarlane toys. (Very Interesting.)

I'm always up for a good Gary Oldman figure. I was pretty excited when they came out with that Lost in Space, Doctor Smith figure -- Gary as Dracula should be 1000x cooler.

Maybe they'll do a Tom Waits as Renfield figure. I think I'd probably c*** myself if they did that.
    plasticfetish.net

Well, now comes the bad news. This was rumored at the time, but has been actually confirmed by McFaralane. There are no likeness rights secured for the line, so there will not be any figures of Gary Oldman unless they are in heavy make-up. This includes 'Old Man Dracula', one of the few I was really looking forward to. This also means that the 'Muscle Armor Dracula' is likely out as well, unless it has a non-removable helmet. Blah, McFarlane -- two steps forward, one step back.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

No Gary? Ehhh... That's no fun.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Well, now comes the bad news. This was rumored at the time, but has been actually confirmed by McFaralane. There are no likeness rights secured for the line, so there will not be any figures of Gary Oldman unless they are in heavy make-up. This includes 'Old Man Dracula', one of the few I was really looking forward to. This also means that the 'Muscle Armor Dracula' is likely out as well, unless it has a non-removable helmet. Blah, McFarlane -- two steps forward, one step back.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    That sucks, but if they didnt want to give the rights what can you do.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs down Re: McFarlane Toys: Bram Stoker's Dracula in 2005!!

Well guess that means I'm out too! Why even bother, I wonder?