Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Girls dig my toy collection!

Nerds no more! That's right.

I have so much Star Wars stuff, I have a Republic Gunship in my kitchen window.

Chicks come bye and have asked me if I had a son, or if those are my toys, LOL.

Well, naturally I have to explain to them that I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I also have to show them my Transformers and Star Trek stuff, and the Terminator toys, too.

Then they want to come over, hang out and "do a movie night" and see stuff (like the Terminator movies) that they've never seen - or say ("I remember Jean-Luc Picard. I used to watch him sometimes when I was in grade school") and then say "let's kick back and watch Star Trek. Do you have the old episodes?" (Do I ??????!!!!!)

They say I'm cute and get excited about this stuff like a little boy.

Then they hang around a lot - and then some.

I've just been thinking about that, as I have a girlfriend and need to watch who ever else I spend too much time with, but it sure is strange that when I thought hot chicks would say "Geek! Loser" etc. and not be bothered with a dork like me (who needs to leave the bedroom at 6:30am to make Wal-Mart on time to get Clone Wars animated figures every morning), and they like me as a guy with personality. Go figure.

Guys - be yourself and enjoy your life. I don't think you'll be denied friendships and companionships because of your interests. It never happened to me.

Now I just have too much attention when I have ladies over in my pad trying to figure out how to transform my Autobots into cars and back again.

Needless to say, my latest party was a little weird, but I'm loving life I think!

Re: Girls dig my toy collection!

Sure, didn't you know!

My wife has her Buffy/Angel and Xena figures and I have my Star Wars figures. Not to mention all the Dolls my wife has. Chicks love this stuff. You just have to be careful with the whole "Perter Pan syndrome" thing.
    May the force be with you.

Maybe they just feel sad that all you have are toys Or are secretly plotting to somehow take the collection for their evil forces....
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

... and then Tycho woke up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ummm Tycho, I think I'll stay with the philosophy that girls are interested in you, because you already have a girlfriend! It's like the whole married thing, desiring the unattainable! I think I'm a pretty decent looking guy, and I can safely say that my Star Wars collection has never gotten me laid! Usually a whole lot of beer and dancing helps, but never sci-fi toys!

So what brings you here tonight? "I was really hoping to bump into a guy with a big Ultra Magnus" Yeah BabY!!! ooooo

What does scare me a little though Tycho, is that you said the girls get excited about this stuff like little boys?!!! Hhmmm I think I've solved it Tycho is really Michael Jackson!!! j/k buddy!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

I am a firm believer in the "desiring the unattainable" theory! Girls see you with another girl and they go nuts, girls see you with a ring, and they go nuts, girls see you aren't interested and they go nuts.

Did I ever mention that I am strikingly handsome.
    May the force be with you.

I've started dating again but have yet to bring a girl back to the apartment to see the collection. It should be interesting to see what reactions I get when they walk through the door. Of course I hope to get a reaction similar to what you've experienced Tycho.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Uh, yeah. There's nothing like a wedding ring to get hot chicks interested. If I had known that back in the day...

But never has mention of the toy collection garnered anything but

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Guys - be yourself and enjoy your life. I don't think you'll be denied friendships and companionships because of your interests. It never happened to me.
    Yeah, sorry to say but you're pretty completly and utterly wrong with that statement. But hey, more power to ya, i guess. Then again, you do live in Cali, where Ah-nuld was elected Govenor and Vin Diesel was given a career, so i guess stranger things have happened.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Well I went to KB during the Star Wars sale and I got a 15-inch Wookiee!

It's really a sight to see.