Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Republic Commando

I read Republic Commando while on Christmas vacation. It took a day or two longer than I thought, but it's one of the better SW books I've read in quite some time. It's based on the video game that's coming out in the near future.

What I enjoyed the most was the style of writing. The author is a journalist with military-reporting experience, and that experience comes through in the writing.

I'm hoping this author would be allowed to write another SW story, with either the same characters or new ones. She proved herself with this story.

Re: Republic Commando

I just bought this today, among some B Fett Young Reader books. I'll read it next.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I'm only two chapters in, still at the character development stage, so it's too soon to make any judgments. All the characters are non-major ones so far (i.e. no Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc.), so I expect there to be some good plot lines and conflict.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I'm only two chapters in, still at the character development stage, so it's too soon to make any judgments. All the characters are non-major ones so far (i.e. no Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc.), so I expect there to be some good plot lines and conflict.

Once the actual mission starts, it reads rather quickly.

republic commando hard contact

anyone reading it i got 100 pages left awsome book

Re: republic commando hard contact

Yes! One of the best SW books I'd read in a long time.

I hope the publisher and Lucasfilm have enough sense to offer the writer a chance to write a second one with the same characters.

The lady that wrote this will be penning 3 of the new "Legacy Of The Jedi" books, that follow NJO. Her, Aaron Allston and someone else.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I'd love to see a story about Darman and Co going AWOL and joining the fledgeling Alliance to Restore the Republic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd like to see another go-for-broke story.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'd love to see a story about Darman and Co going AWOL and joining the fledgeling Alliance to Restore the Republic.
    just finished the 3rd book, and hoping there will be more. but since it seems only the young reader series go longer than a trilogy i'm probably out of luck. i've really enjoyed the commando's and it'll be a shame if their stories just end.

i'd rather see their reaction to Order 66.