Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Star Wars Heritage

I hope the info linked at TF.N is accurate because it will have been nearly 2 years since the AOTC Widevision set was released - I've got the itch to collect a new set and I'm looking forward to this.

http://www.sportsology.net/nonsports...?ArticleID=155

And of course, I'll want to collect the 6 promo cards as well !

Re: Star Wars Heritage

Exciting news, if it is indeed true. But you would think the second series of Clone War cards would come out first.

Those promo cards are all awesome !

I like how they retrofitted the TPM and AOTC images into the old school trilogy card styles.

I'm definitely buying 2 hobby boxes of this set, or if I can get a 4 box Hobby Case like I did for X2, then I'm going that route . . . that would almost guarantee 2 decent boxes and 2 "hot" boxes.

How much do these boxes cost? This is the 1st card set that interest me.

The Promos are going to me a pain in the butt to get. Are Promos part of the set, or are they just extras?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Promos are not part of the set. IMHO, the difficult one to track down will be #3, since it's being handed out at a specific event. Large chain bookstores and comic shops should carry the other magazines with the promo cards in them, or you could order them online from the publisher. I've done that.

The price depends on the card set. A friend paid in the neighborhood of $54 for a box of the hobby Clone War cards, and I've paid about $60 - $70 for the EPM 3D cards several years ago. With purchasing the box, at least you're guaranteed to get one complete set.

With the AOTC Widevision, I pulled about 3 sets per box.

For that series, I paid around $60-$65 per box and for this upcoming Heritage release, I'm anticipating $70 or so . . . then hopefully I'll be overestimating.

Turbo, if you are just interested in the basic card set, you can have one of my spare sets for free - believe me, I'll have a dozen or so.

But if you want to get the chase card subsets as well, then you might want to buy one box to get a good chunk of the chase cards and then fill in the gaps.

Well, maybe not . . . I collected the Evolution set a few years after it came out and it probably would have been cheaper for me to just buy a base set, then drop some coin on the A and B subsets. Of course, then I wouldn't have had the fun of pulling those autograph cards.

Anyway, if anybody else just wants the basic set of Heritage, I'll have several extra that I wouldn't mind sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Turbo, if you are just interested in the basic card set, you can have one of my spare sets for free - believe me, I'll have a dozen or so.

But if you want to get the chase card subsets as well, then you might want to buy one box to get a good chunk of the chase cards and then fill in the gaps.

Well, maybe not . . . I collected the Evolution set a few years after it came out and it probably would have been cheaper for me to just buy a base set, then drop some coin on the A and B subsets. Of course, then I wouldn't have had the fun of pulling those autograph cards.

I'd take you up on that Caesar. The last trading cards that I collected were the Original Garbage Pale Kids.

Whats with the Chase card subsets?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

So did anybody pick up the Comic Con exclusive Promo card ?

I'll be getting mine on eBay, methinks . . . I'm actually in need of 3 of them so in case anybody here has some extras, I am definitely in the market for a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    I'd take you up on that Caesar.
    Will do. Well, I'll probably ask you to cover the shipping.
    Same goes for you, stillakid.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Whats with the Chase card subsets?
    Ehhh, these are a pain in the butt because they'll pack them rare and out of . . . let's say 12 or so different chase cards, they might put 3 or 4 of them in a single box. You see where this is going ?

stillakid has the right idea on these in that it's cheaper in the end to buy a base set and then a chase set on the aftermarket (and you'll definitely end up paying more for the dozen or so "rare" cards vs. the 90 or so average cards. )

It's fun though, and that's why I like to collect certain lines by the box.

Originally posted by Caesar
    So did anybody pick up the Comic Con exclusive Promo card ?
    Yes; I got the blue ROJ border #P3. Don't know if they had other ones. The series will be on the old card stock like the 80s versions, AND the Topps rep there told me that there will be gum, too! Individually sealed, though, but gum. GUM!
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 07-24-2004 at 04:34 PM.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I have a whole box of orginal ROTJ red border cards, all in their indiv. packages...with gum...GUM still. Don't know how good it is, but you're welcome to a few pieces over some martinis Bel-Cam

I can't wait for this set to come out. I just saw the advertisement for them in the new insider and am totally excited for all this retro stuff. Man have I been in heaven lately since retroville star wars stuff has been coming out up the wazzooo! Yachachaaaaaaaaaaaa!

EXCITING TIMES I SAY!

Although I'm not a chase card goer after so if I get any, they're yours Mr. Caesar
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!