Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where's the best place to buy star wars lego sets?

Ive been a sw action figure collector for a long time, and i thought id take a shot at collecting sw lego sets. Im wondering where is the best place to buy sets (b/s online)? Ive had luck at Target getting a few of the Mini sets, but other than that most places ive been to have little to no selection of them.

Re: Where's the best place to buy star wars lego sets?

2004 has been kind of a sucky year for SW Legos. Everything we've gotten in has pretty much been a rehash from previous years. Some may say the rehashes are an improvement but, nevertheless, rehashes they are. I don't know how aware you are of 2004's selection, but there's only been 4 sets at retail you can get, besides the minis: Rebel Snowspeeder, Mos Eisley Cantina, Dagobah X-Wing, and the Millennium Falcon (I think that's all). If the selection seems crappy, maybe its because that's all we ever got.

I've gotten most of my stuff from ShopKo because they had a great clearance a few months back on SW Legos. It's pretty hard to find stuff there now since just about everything's gone.

Right now WM should be clearancing them. I've found the MF for $75 and the X-Wing for $35. They have really crappy clearance prices compared to Target so I would hang with Target before buying at WM unless you get desperate because the stock is being sold fast.

Every year around this time, Target just moves everything out at really good clearance prices. Last year I got the AT-AT for $25 and the AT-TE for $12.50 (75% each). I would expect the same thing to happen this year, but I wouldn't wait past 50% off since finding anything like that for 75% is pretty difficult. Even finding stuff at 50% off is tough due to the quickness that the sets will sell that cheap.

I don't know how KMart is doing, but it's hit and miss. One near me had a Jabba's Palace (2003 set) on clearance for 50% off for almost a whole year before it rang up at $3.50.

If you're serious, start checking out the stores quick and often because the Lego stock changes rapidly, in my experience.

Good luck and let us know if you find any good deals.
    Last edited by Mandalorian Candidat; 12-30-2004 at 03:50 PM.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Right now there are not many sets out there. Alot of them are being clearanced and all. I usually get mine at Wal-Mart. I would head there and see if any are on Clearance. I am waiting for the Falocn to go on clearance and then it will be mine. Earlier this year o nclearance I picked up AT-TE for 30, Hailfire for 20, Jango Fetts SLave 1 for 12, T-16 for 5, and a ton of mini's at regular price, Jabbas Gift for 3 bucks, and a few others here and there from trades and such. The only set i ever paid regular price for was Mos Eisly(30 bucks) and to me, it was worth regular price.

BTW welcome to the boards.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

owell-i guess i wait till next year when all the ROTS legos come out-probably will be a wider selection at the stores i go to when they come out

Skip over a few threads and chek out hte list of sets due out. There is about a dozen sets lined up right now.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

well thanks for all the info, especially about checking the stores often. Hopefully my WM will mark down prices on their Falcons-they had a few but for 99 bucks, i think i can hold out awhile

2004 also saw the Y-wing set.

well after reading the replies i decided to take a trip to Toys r Us. they had a much greater selection than my Wm or Target did.

picked up the Tie bomber, couple mini sets, and the Halfire droid from ep. 2

I'm not sure where you live moulman, but Lego does have few of its own stores (Lego Imagination Centers) scattered around. They normally have a pretty good selection of everything. Also more traditional toy stores, the more "mom and pop" type, also tend to have a surprising good selection of SW sets in my experience. If you have any of those toy stores around you if might give them a try.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I've found that TRU generally has the greatest selection of SW Lego and carries more last-years products. Target seems to have the occasional straggler as well, mostly Jedi Starfighters and Geonosian Fighters, but their Lego section has been thinner than usual in the modern stuff lately.

Another "new" set, the Vader TIE vs Y-wing set with the updated Vader TIE design is at TRU now, I believe it's an exclusive but I'm not totally sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.