Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Various Palpatine Figures

I saw the Emperor Palpatine figure for ROTS where he has his light-sabre and force-lightining. What I dislike is that the figure looks too much like the ROTJ Emperor figure. I guess what I was expecting was for a young Emperor Palpatine type figure before the disfigurement and old age.

I'd like to see variations of the Emperor Palpatine figure:

Darth Sidious with a removable hood or cloak that reveals he is Palptine.

How about a Darth Sidious/Palpatine figure with a light-sabre before his face was damaged by Yoda.

Palpatine minus the black cloak but with a light-sabre

I'm also wondering if in ROTS--whether or not Palpatine wears his black cloak from that point on--from his declaration as Emperor. Or that even though he was disfigured, he didn't cover his face.

Re: Various Palpatine Figures

Maybe its just me, but holy spoiler...................
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Von-El,
    Welcome to the boards, and thanks for posting. But please, please be careful where you post spoiler info. Some of us actually want to be suprised when we see the movie. I had no idea that Yoda does that to Palps, that would've been a nice suprise for me in the theater.

Regarding different Palpatine figures, I would bet we'll see quite a few variations of ROTS Palps (since he seems to be playing more of a major role in the flick).

They posted a pic over at GH of a Galactic Heroes Palps in a red cloak with his lightsaber. I'm sure Hasbro will make one like this for the 3 3/4" line.

Check it out:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GH palpatine2.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	9907  

This is a spoiler to correct Von-El's spoiler, which I believe to be incorrect

Von-El, please read. Others who do not want spoilers, please ignore.....

I thought that it would be revealed that Palpatine is far older than he appears as Senator and Chancellor, but he is using Sith powers to hide his true age. He merely reveals that, or loses his concentration to maintain that illusion when he faces off with Master Yoda.

You could be right - that Palpatine is disfigured in his fight with the Jedi Master, however, that could be because he gives more of himself away to the Dark Side. The Force is life - remember? So to use its Dark Side to destroy life is contrary to its nature (anti-life). It may have affects on those who too powerfully wield its destructive abilities.

I would hope that Yoda in some way hurts Palpatine. In Jedi his forehead looks cut down the middle. I never thought that that might be a scar but it'd be cool if it was.

I think he's just disfigured by evil and corruption. *shrug*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Some of us actually want to be suprised when we see the movie. I had no idea that Yoda does that to Palps, that would've been a nice suprise for me in the theater.
    Spoilers? Yoda's not even in Episode 3. There's no spoilers here -- just keep moving along.
    plasticfetish.net

Cool NEW Palpatine figure revealed.

Well... over at Galactic Hunter, there is a picture of a new Palpatine figure. Something to note: He's wearing the same cloak as the little Galactic Hero figure in the post above.

Upon examining this figure, I noticed there was a lot of "empty" hood around the head. Could there be a head spinning feature that switches the face from Palpatine to Sidious?

You can check it out here.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Spoilers? Yoda's not even in Episode 3. There's no spoilers here -- just keep moving along.
    Jedi Mind trick huh? I think it's working... Who's Yoda again?

-----

Interesting thing about that Palpatine figure (at GH), looks like his sabre is molded in his hand. Maybe this is one that will come in a deluxe pack or something?

Head spinning Palpatine.... I wonder if he vomits green puke too? Quick, get the holy water!!

Well, there we have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Interesting thing about that Palpatine figure (at GH), looks like his sabre is molded in his hand. Maybe this is one that will come in a deluxe pack or something?
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's pretty basic looking, with no articulation really. (Kind of looks like a food promo toy.)
    plasticfetish.net