Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

r2dee2 has passed away

Gang, I'm afraid I have the unpleasant task of bringing unhappy news about our friend Marilyn (aka r2dee2), she and her husband temporarily relocated to Hawaii, I heard from her husband today and it seems that she is very ill and is in the hospital waiting to have surgery early next week. I'm not sure if she even has access to her email, her husband emailed me from his email while with her at the hospital.

Marilyn has been a friend to all of us here for some time now, and a most welcome part of these forums, not to mention one of the coolest Star Wars collectors I've ever known. I don't really know what to say, but I hope you join me in wishing her the speediest of recoveries.

-JT

Re: r2dee2 is in the hospital

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well.

Keep us posted, if you can.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Here is to a speedy recovery and all good news for R2. JT is right, she is downright cool and a great person. Thoughts and prayers to her.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Please let her know she is in our hearts and thoughts, and we wish her a speedy, full recovery. I'd appreciate it if you could keep us updated.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

By the way, I forgot this last time, I'm not terribly good at this sort of stuff and just didn't put in everything I meant to. Another thing Marilyn wanted to let us know is "She wants to express her gratitude for all of the support she's gotten through the years, and really appreciates being a part of the Micromachine community at Sir Steve's Guide." I feel a bit like a heel forgetting that part. I really hope she'll be ok.

As for updates, unless I'm specifically asked not to, I'll report on anything I hear. And with luck Marilyn will be feeling better enough soon to see this thread and let us know that she's on the mend.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hope she gets better, she's been really fun and helpful

Get well soon!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

JT

If you do correspond with Marilyns husband again, please let him know that we are thinking about her.

BC3

Always bad to hear bad news about good people...
    I haven't had too much interaction with R2, but she seemed to be sweet from our few exchanges...
    I hope she knows that and the Force is with her

Here's to a speedy recovery
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Thanks for passing on the news Jeditricks, lets hope our collective thoughts of goodwishes will do some good.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

My hopes and prayers are with you Marilyn.
    You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    May God give you strength and hope.
    I am thinking of you and your family.

Cyril "sicqnus"
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.