Thread: Who is..?

Who is..?

Alright call me stupid, I know I've been out of it for awhile, but I've been looking at those "spoiler pics" and I'm confused who is this Agamemnon or Memnon character? Is it a new charater? Or is it just Sidious? and if it's Sidious, then does this mean that Palpatine and Sidious are two different people, and maybe the speculators of one being the clone of the other finally came true(which would really suck! IMO)? I was trying to stay as spoiler free as I could but you know the closer we get, it just aint gonna happen, so what's the deal?
    Last edited by The 'Xir; 01-03-2005 at 04:08 AM.
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Re: Who is..?

Actually I decided to do a little investigating, and although not SW related check this out ! It might lend some clues!!! Ya never know!

Also!
    Last edited by The 'Xir; 01-03-2005 at 04:07 AM.
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    Alright call me stupid, I know I've been out of it for awhile, but I've been looking at those "spoiler pics" and I'm confused who is this Agamemnon or Memnon character? Is it a new charater? Or is it just Sidious? and if it's Sidious, then does this mean that Palpatine and Sidious are two different people, and maybe the speculators of one being the clone of the other finally came true(which would really suck! IMO)? I was trying to stay as spoiler free as I could but you know the closer we get, it just aint gonna happen, so what's the deal?
    It's just the Internet name of the person providing the spoilers. Instead of telling everyone "Hi, my name's Bob!", he's just going by "Memnon" (probably so LFL doesn't come banging down his door. Hope that clears it up for you!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I thought that might be the case, but all the other pictures' URLs ended with a description or something related to the picture shown, and that's why I asked!

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    I thought that might be the case, but all the other pictures' URLs ended with a description or something related to the picture shown, and that's why I asked!
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Most of the time, people give files the strangest names. I don't even bother looking at them anymore.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Just for fun though, that second link I came upon, makes for interesting reading, and it's a little bit funny, how many parrallels there are to that story, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away! Here's the heart of it pertaining to Agamemnon:

AGAMEMNON, ORESTES, AND ELECTRA

Agamemnon, the general-in-chief of the Greeks, the brother of Menelaus, and who had been drawn into the quarrel to avenge his brother's wrongs, not his own, was not so fortunate in the issue. During his absence his wife Clytemnestra had been false to him, and when his return was expected, she with her paramour, AEgisthus, laid a plan for his destruction, and at the banquet given to celebrate his return, murdered him.
    It was intended by the conspirators to slay his son Orestes also, a lad not yet old enough to be an object of apprehension, but from whom, if he should be suffered to grow up, there might be danger. Electra, the sister of Orestes, saved her brother's life by sending him secretly away to his uncle Strophius, King of Phocis. In the palace of Strophius Orestes grew up with the king's son Pylades, and formed with him that ardent friendship which bas become proverbial. Electra frequently reminded her brother by messengers of the duty of avenging his father's death, and when grown up he consulted the oracle of Delphi, which confirmed him in his design. He therefore repaired in disguise to Argos, pretending to be a messenger from Strophius, who had come to announce the death of Orestes*, and brought the ashes of the deceased in a funeral urn. After visiting his father's tomb and. sacrificing upon it, according to the rites of the ancients he made himself known to his sister Electra, and soon after slew both AEgisthus and Clytemnestra.