Poster authentication

Does anyone know of a book or site that I can check for authentication / dating old posters?

One of my drivers gave it to me yesterday. I think it's style A (same artwork as this years ANH Hallmark ornament [which happens to be sitting next to me]), about 12" wide, about 30" long, heavy stock, slightly yellowed. He said that someone used to work in a thaeter.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Re: Poster authentication

Hi dr evazan. A number of the Star Wars posters have been reprinted over the years. The one you're talking about never was (I believe). Its a great collectible! Aside from slight yellowing I hope its in good shape! Take care of it. Buy a tube to keep it in (you can get them at Kinko's or the UPS Store). Is the artist's name on the print anywhere? I would guess it was done by Tom Jung or Tim & Greg Hildibrant.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Tom Jung, right below Leia's feet.

I'm hoping to get it framed for my Birthday.
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Hey dindae - much appreciated! After going thru them for some time it looks like I have a reprint from the 80's, as some identifying numbers are missing from the bottom.

This is the poster I have:
    http://learnaboutmovieposters.com/po...r.asp?pid=1902
    YVH-1 head

Well at least you didn't fork out cash for it. A free posrter is cool by itself.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22