Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feltipern Trevagg: Bounty Hunter. . . WTF???

Feltipern Trevagg is a bounty hunter who tracks Obi-Wan Kenobi to Tatooine after the Clone Wars but loses him. Travagg stays on the planet and becomes a corrupt tax collector in Mos Eisley. His species is called the Gotal, who can sense emotions and energy waves that many species can't, a trait that comes in handy for tracking.
    What???

Before I start, let's not get into an EU vs canon debate. By the very nature of this bio, it must be EU.

I've heard about ol' Felty being a corrupt tax collector. But where in the name of San Hill did this bounty hunter on the trail of Obi-Wan come from?

Think about it for a few minutes. We know Feltipern was wooing Miyoom at the Cantina. That much is onscreen. And we know from the Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina that he gets lucky later in the day. Well, in a manner of speaking, since H'menthe females tend to disembowel their mates.

We also know that just about everyone else in the Cantina knows that he's a doomed fella. Even the folks in the Medstar Duology make comments about H'menthe mating habits, so it's pretty common knowledge.

So Feltipern is an idiot.

Let's assume this bit is true. Feltipern tracked Obi-Wan to Tatooine and lost him? We're talking about a guy with Force-sensing horns here? For a Gotal to lose a Jedi, even a Jedi who wanted to be forgotten, he's got to be completely inept. We're talking about a species that doesn't even like to be in the same building as a Jedi because the ambient Force waves they give off cause the Gotals severe pain!

So "idiot" doesn't even begin to cut it in Felty's case.

This means we're left with this: Obi-Wan Kenobi must've left such an obvious trail to have been tracked by this moron. If one bounty hunter of such ineptitude could track him, other (more skilled) hunters could, as well. Even if the trail ended at Tatooine, word would've gotten back to Sidious and Vader. Which means Vader would've been going around Tatooine and probably found Obi-Wan and killed him. In any case, he would've probably learned about this mysterious nephew named Skywalker who suddenly showed up at the Lars homestead.

Seriously, where do they get this stuff? Did they make this up, or is this a remnant of the old Kenner days when everyone in the Cantina was a bad-arse bounty hunter?
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 01-05-2005 at 03:26 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Feltipern Trevagg: Bounty Hunter. . . WTF???

That's EU for you .... sigh....
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

Thats My Problem With The Whole Star Wars Universe,everyone Knows Everyone Else,or Is Related. Out Of A Million Million Worlds About 50 People Run The Universe.like Ack Bar Was Tarkins Slave For A While? Now He Runs The Rebelion? Dengar Knows Han,boosk Knows Chewie,the List Goes On... To Me Its Way To Closely Related
    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH STORMTROOPERS

I didn't know the bit about Miyoom Onith killing him . . . hmm . . .

Most things in the EU are very bizarre. This must be only EU, as I seriously doubt that we'll see Feltipern racing after Obi-Wan in their starships to Tatooine. If he stayed there for twenty years, shouldn't he have already caught him? Especially once Obi-Wan makes it clear he's a Jedi by taking out his saber. Or maybe Feltipern was too busy getting it on to notice?

Really, as odd as some of the connections in the PT are, these EU ones are ten times weirder.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Who cares. Next year he will be Mayor of Sumatra
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    We're talking about a species that doesn't even like to be in the same building as a Jedi because the ambient Force waves they give off cause the Gotals severe pain!
    It's sentences like that that make us all proud to be Sci Fi geeks.

And I thought old Felty's hang-dog expression was because he didn't get lucky that day at the Cantina.

Um, he didn't. I believe Wuher shouted out "No hanky-panky! No hanky-panky!" And then Obi-Wan cut off. . . nevermind.

I agree this is pretty stupid and am not concerned with it too much. I'm just curious where they dug it up from. And where they got those stupid tentacles on Dannik Jerikko (they don't match any description I've seen).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The only time I've heard about Danniks little cheek thingies is in "Tales From Jabba's Palace" in the Fat Dancers story he is encountered in a dark hallway and he flashes the tentacles out of his cheek pouches. Whatever.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Feltipern's backstory may be Hasbro marketing department's clever way of tying these background characters into the new films. These three figures really don't have much appeal beyond hard core fans and collectors. But kids or parents might decide to buy them based on Habro's name-dropping of Kenobi and Clone Wars on the cardback.