Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much?

How much?

For those who've gone to the previous 2 Celebrations, how much did youspend? I'm wondering how much money I'm gonna need in April. Thanks in advance.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

Re: How much?

great thoughts...i am also wondering what amount of my spring bonus i'm going to have to curtail in order to make it there...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

Everything you need to know is on starwarscelebration.com.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Just a quick guess of stuff --

CEL III Figure = $15 each (Max of 4)

Autographs -- $15-$25 Per Autograph (There will be MANY there)

Food -- Probably the standard $2.50 for a Cold Drink and $3.00 for a Hot Dog or Burger --

Night Time Entertainment / Dinner $50.00 per night -- for an amature !! -- ahaha

All of the cool Star Wars Toys that you have not seen in a long time -- PRICELESS !!

Remember -- ATM Fees are HIGH !!!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

All in all I probably spent close to $700-$1000. It was way too much and I'm hoping not to spend that much this year. I took my girlfriend. I spent about 200 on a hotel room for 2 nights. I got about 22 autographs ($15 x 22 = $330). $40 in gas. 2 three day passes (were they 75? $150). 4 figures =$40. Then you add in all the other odds and ends that were not directly event related and I really dented my wallet good. I may not even go this year if there isn't enough guests to peak my attention. My girlfriend is not as excited having gone before. I can't justify going just for the figure. So hopefully they will bring in someone big that doesn't normally do conventions like James Earl Jones or Natalie Portman. While that is probably not going to happen I would like to be able to meet Anthony Daniels or Mark Hamill.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I'm spending $40/night on a hotel and bringing food with me to the convention in my backpack. I plan on having one or two NICE dinners with my traveling companion and a couple nights out. I don't really spend much on alcohol, so it's probably going to be an easy $20 night for me if I go out. I don't plan on spending any $$$ on autographs. Having been in the position to give autographs, I think they should be given for free. After all, we paid for their livelihoods in the first place.

I think it's going to be a realtively modest time aside from purchasing some toy-related goods. Even with that... I've already got KEBco and regular visits to the local toys departments, so it will probably be limited to the HTF newer things and the exclusive figures.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Thanks, for the info everybody. I figure I'll be buying 4 of the Vaders, and some other CIII stuff, and depending on who's there, a couple of autographs. I'm really only be looking for Gentle Giant & Japanese SW items while I'm there. I'm hoping to bring about $8-900, and that will mostly be for stuff there, so I should be good. Now if I can save that, it's been hard with all the nice stuff coming out recently.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

I'm gonna get most of the autographs, only 1 Vader figure. My hotel between my friend and I is $40 a night and we're gonna travel around the convention and eat there. Theres a few little collectibles I'm on the lookout for in the dealer's room (I'm assuming there will be a BIG one).

I'm bringing cash for everything BUT limiting to what I actually bring each day as I will be there all 4 days.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I plan to get 4 vader figures, the rest of the toppers and display case, atleast Amy Allen's signature on the 2 basic Aalya Secura figs and the unleashed one.....and otherwise I'll have money in my account ready to buy anything else that catches my attention.

Here's a question I'm sure many will agree is a good one:

Does everything there require cash on hand or can you use credit cards?

I ask because I'd rather not bring cash on me each day. Maybe like $20 or so for food, but I may end up buying alot and don't want alot of cash in my pocket while in such a large crowd.

Last time they had ATMs but many vendors accepted credit cards including C2 (the autograph vendor). I don't see that changing since GenCon is taking over.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22