Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Potato Head!?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I got me one of them thar Spudtroopers today.
    Bout time. I got my second third one last week.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Bout time. I got my second third one last week.
    *searches in his pockets* Aw, crap. I'm out of cookies or else I'd give you one.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

In the current Wal-Mart flyer I noticed that Darth Tater and Spud Trooper have been re-released in a collectible tin set. The Vader comes with an different chest plate than the original release. Check out the website for a picture.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I saw that. It sort of ticks me off that, long after everyone got both of them, they're releasing them in a cool tin with an exclusive part. It's not going to get me to buy them again, though.

Costco also has an exclusive giant Darth Tater that comes with all three inside. At Comic-Con, it looked like it was going to be a cookie jar, but it turns out it's cheap transluscent plastic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw the extra piece too, but refuse to buy it just for that.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I got the Costco Darth Tater package set. It's pretty cool, even if it is just plastic.

Yeah, I saw this set about a month or so ago. It's pretty sweet lookin and I may get it just for the tin.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I don't have the spud trooper and I always felt like Darth Tater wasn't complete without the chest box, so if I see it I'll likely buy it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sheesh, now not only do I want to get it because of the tin, now there is the Vader chest plate thing to give e one more reason to take another $15 out of my wallet. At least we have a whole endcap of them at my Wal-Mart!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I was thinking about this, the reason I didn't get the Spudtrooper is because he seems REALLY blank without chest armor or something besides a helmet, and they didn't rectify that. So now I'm not as sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.