Star Wars vehicle hi-res images?

Hey all, I don't post here, but I'm (at least) a weekly visitor of the site, and I thought this might be the place to ask.

A friend of mine wants to decorate his son's bedroom in a Star Wars theme. He needs hi-res images of Star Wars vehicles (original trilogy) for an art project -- something to place on the walls. I told him about all the character standees that are available, and he's going to get a couple of those too, but I couldn't find anything similar for him that features the vehicles.

Does anyone know where to find large posters/cardboard cutouts/wall hangings of the vehicles, or a site where you can purchase (or just download) large image files of X-wings, Tie Fighters, the Falcon, etc.?

This guy's going through a divorce, and he loves his little boy (3 1/2) so much -- he doesn't want the divorce, and it's a sad situation. Any help I can offer him would mean the world to him and his son.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Dave Gallagher (of Heroic Images!)

Hey, I thought I might need to clarify -- I think he's thinking of the ships as they appear in the movies, not any toy representations. Though I think the toys would be cool (I might have to take some digital pics of my own ships if we can't find anything else).

Or... has anyone seen vector graphics of the vehicles anywhere?

Okay, I'm done! ;-)

Sorry to hear about your friend situation. I only thing I can think of is searching sites like Yahoo and Google. You can possibly find some decent shots of the ships from the movies or even some screen shots of the ships in battle. Download the images and take them to a custom wallpaper store and perhaps they can blow them up into larger images or even make them into wallpaper.

I know my parents did something like this for there house with a picture of an island and had the pic turned into a roll of wallpaper. the image was based on an 8x10 pic and was transformed into an image that is about 3 feet high by 15 feet long and the image is crystal clear.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend situation. I only thing I can think of is searching sites like Yahoo and Google. You can possibly find some decent shots of the ships from the movies or even some screen shots of the ships in battle. Download the images and take them to a custom wallpaper store and perhaps they can blow them up into larger images or even make them into wallpaper.

I know my parents did something like this for there house with a picture of an island and had the pic turned into a roll of wallpaper. the image was based on an 8x10 pic and was transformed into an image that is about 3 feet high by 15 feet long and the image is crystal clear.
    Thanks, DarkArtist! I'm actually a graphics designer, and if need be I might make use of some of the computer wallpapers found on the web. Those are about the largest I've found. Unfortunately web pix are 72 dpi, which won't blow up well.... I'm still curious as to whether there are any vector graphics based on Star Wars properties.

I took some vector images of the Teen Titans characters (Cartoon Network's version) and made some amazing 3D cutouts for my son's room. We had them mounted on art board and die-cut, and they look like they're popping off of his walls!

I don't know of any place but I would be interested in knowing what others find.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Well, at the very least I'll let you know what I come up with. Hopefully it will be some big ol' print quality images.

Hey James,

His son is only familiar with Episode IV at this point, so we were thinking of those classic vehicles. Over the weekend we had them to our house, and we had a little "photo shoot" with my 3 3/4" vehicles (X-Wing, the Falcon, and a Tie Fighter).

They came out great! I'm in the process of working with them in Photoshop -- if I'm able to post images here, I'll show you all the results when they're finished. Either way, my friend is very grateful, and his son had a blast playing with my son.