Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    You should try the "vintage weapons only" thread in the trading section. A number of members have listed their spare weapons that they have for trade there, but you could probably cut a deal to buy weapons if you wish.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDubya View Post
    Anyone know an online dealer who has a robust selection of weapons and accessories? Or do you all just use ebay?
    I mostly used eBay to get a complete set of original accessories. It took searching eBay every day for five and half years to win everything (finding is the easy part). The bad part of eBay are the repros.

If you don't want to deal with eBay, Brain's Toys has a pretty good selection of accessories, both real and repro. TheEarth is suppose to have a very good selections and only sells original accessories. I think the price is high on both sites. Or like JON9000 try the trading here.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Hey guys,
    I reciently just bought someones whole star wars vintage collection, the first time i've done that. but the reson i did it ,is because he had kept all of the weapons, it was 84 complete figures with weapons, and 4 vehicles. so i have finished the inventory, now i am swapping out his better more cleaner figures for my old ones, i am sure i will have plenty of original weapons when this is done... the only thing is ,is i want to recope some of the money i spent, it was not cheap , but i think worth it. when i am done with that i will post here.
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

PM sent!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I'm really psyched! I just won the Takara transforming X-Wing. I doesn't have the stickers for the front of the craft and one of the laser's looks a bit bent but other that it would appear to be in good shape. I guess I'm find out once I get it.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"

Ok my Takara X-Wing arrived in the mail this afternoon. It's a tad dusty (but that's easy to take care of) and other than no stickers it's in good shape. I was worried that one or more of the lasers were bent, but the plastic their made is so soft I could bend them right back. I decided to clean up the parts that came off the spur frames, as most of them were pretty messy.

Size wise the body is smaller than the Kenner version, but has the same wing span. The engines are totally different. The front half is the same size, but the back half is fatter and shorter. The cockpit is much smaller. The canopy doesn't open well. I've clearly strested the plastic just opening and closeing it to get the pilot out. So I think am doing that. The pilot figure is down right lame. The R2 figure on the hand is pretty cool. It has three legs. The two main legs move together. All four spring loaded lasers still work.

But I think the coolest part of the this is the transforming aspect. You can't make just any transformtion thou. The location of pegs and hole might limit you. The engines in particular can be hard to make fit. But it's tons of fun.

Awaiting my first bootlegs in the mail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mexi2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	14627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mexi.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	14628  
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Hi, newbie here.

The other day, I was going through my mom's house (she died last month) and I came across a bag of Kenner figures that my younger brother (previously deceased) had collected.

I know nothing at all about Star Wars figures, although I recall that there were several variations and some are worth more than others. I have not been able to find any kind of listing anywhere of how many were in the set, what variations are worth more, etc.

Anyway, all are still on card, unopened:

STAR WARS
    C-3PO
    Walrus Man
    Luke (X-Wing)
    Hammer Head
    Death Star Droid
    Boba Fett
    R5D4
    Greedo
    Snaggletooth

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
    Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear)
    Ugnaught
    Han (Hoth Outfit) -- two of these
    2-1B
    Bespin Security Guard
    Sand People
    Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
    Cloud Car Pilot
    Leia (Hoth Outfit)
    At-At Commander
    Lobot
    Bespin Security Guard (Black)
    IG88
    Lando
    Dengan
    Rebel Commander
    Luke (Bespin Fatigues)
    Bosk
    Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battlegear)
    Yoda
    Han (Bespin Outfit)
    Jawa
    FX-7
    At-At Driver
    Obi Wan Kenobi
    Imperial Commander

RETURN OF THE JEDI
    Nikto
    Weequay

So, can anyone help a newbie out with any info?

Thanks!

Sorry for your losses.

The best place would probably try to find some sort of online data base, but I use the Super Collectors Wishbook (B&N, $30) for all of the variation references as they have photos of most of them, excluding most foriegn and card offer variations. With vintage carded figures it mostly depends on the condition. A really good example would be your SW Boba Fett as its probably worth the most. Creases, yellowing bubble, bent corners, punched holes are all taken into consideration.

There is a place called AFA grading that carefully inspects whatever you send to themn and they give the figure an overall grade and is sealed in a plastic case to presevre the figure which will also increase the value/better protect it. I have never used them, as I dont have anything sweet enough to send them and even if I did I would think twice about sending something so great through the mail.

Or, whatever you feel its worth to you. Being that these used to belong to your brother might make the above mean nothing, or maybe not.

Any way you look at it you have a GREAT collection. If you dont mind, could you post some pics? People finding this stuff on accident is always the best story.

Hope I was able to help a little, Im sure more knowledgable members will chime in eventually.

*EDIT* Also, with the earlier figures, the less pictures of figures on the back, the better : )

Nate
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Thanks, Nate.

I'll see what I can do about getting some pictures up, and in the meantime will keep an eye on this thread.