Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    wpg, where are you located? I am near San antonio texas, and part of a local collecting group, they have some great resorces and losts of knowege about SW, but it sounds like a great collection research and alittle studing will go a long way.
    good luck
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

You are 50% done already- you already know the names of the figures you have and what movie card they are on. To really nail it down, you first need to know more about the cards your figures appear on. Here is a primer on the subject:

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci...back-intro.htm

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/cardbacks/

As a general rule, debut, offerless (having no offer for a mailaway) cardbacks are the most valuable. Once you know what you really have, you need to learn a little more about condition and how it relates to value. There are three concerns for the carded collector:

Bubble: are there any dents, dings, creases, holes, or cracks? Is the bubble crystal clear of yellowed? is it sealed completely to the card?
    Cardback: Is the the cardback free of creases, veins, stickers, sticker residue, marks? Does it lie perfectly flat? Still have a glossy finish? Is it punched or unpunched (the hanger hole)?
    Figure: Is the figure inside still in great shape, or has it deteriorated or frosted?

CAVEAT: do not not not "touch up" "reseal" or do anything to these items. You will destroy the value of the item. I recently had a transaction where a doofus sold me an item sealed, but removed some "yellowed" tape before shipping it because he didn't know what he was doing. I had to get a refund and inform him he just destroyed the value of the item.

Once you know what you have and have a rough idea of their condition, you need to go to ebay, go to the vintage star wars action figures section, and see what similar items are going for. Then you need to decide whether you want to ship some items off to AFA for professional grading and "slabbing". If a toy is potentially worth more than $300 or so, I'd send it off. Without knowing anymore than I do, if you have a Boba Fett on an SW card, unless it is in pretty bad condition, you need to send it in because it is potentially worth thousands.

Pictures would be great. Be careful!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

HEY guys,
    I have posted my extras weapons and stuff in the trade section vintage weapons.
    thanks
    later
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]

Just grabbed this, should be able to make it work........I did get my Playskool Ewok telephone to work......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    Just grabbed this, should be able to make it work........I did get my Playskool Ewok telephone to work......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1
    Nice. I've been thinking about getting the blasters. If you need or want any advice getting working again, I'd be happy to help. I've got a good track record went it comes to repairing my vintage toys.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Right on, Ill let you know!
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

The only problem i have found with old blasters is the motor is frozen, just open it up and move the motor around a few times , maybe a drop of sewing machine oil or any real light oil and you should be in buisness.
    later

meh, my motor is dead
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    meh, my motor is dead
    In my experience very rarely is a motor dead, just frozen. First check the battery contacts. From the photos on eBay those look pretty clean. If their not I would clean them with a white vinegar. Next you need to open the blaster up and have a look inside. Try spinning the motor by hand with batteries in place and buttons pressed. A lot of times this help free the motor. If that doesn't work try Lazer Brain's suggestion of sewing machine oil. I've not try this before but sounds like it should work.

Once the motor starts running let it run for a few minutes. Then set it a side for a couple hours or more and run it again. That help keep the motor again freezing back in place again.

If none of those suggestions worked I've got a few more tricks.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I did all that good stuff last night. Its not a big deal if it doesnt work, I know I have a few extras around here somewhere.........

*Problem fixed*

Why do old electronic toys always have to have motors? I guess they wouldnt be cool if they didnt take size C batteries
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo