Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sjd9299 View Post
    I could get you more detailed photos. From left to right they are 1 Hong Kong on boots, 2 no COO short mask, 3 Taiwan, 4 Hong Kong on thighs. All the vintage figures on the wall are each different in some way. Color, sculpt, county of origin, etc.
    So have you ever seen the Maccau version of the Biker Scout?

Just FYI about another possible variation, I don't have any photos but I have seen different Barada figures with both 1984 and 1985 date stamps. The 1984 stamped one that I had came from the Sears' Jabba's Dungeon set and the 1985 stamped figure came off of a POTF card.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So have you ever seen the Maccau version of the Biker Scout?
    I have not seen a Maccau version of the Biker Scout. I do have Maccau versions of other figures. The thing with this type of variation collecting, you can't search for them on ebay or other places were you you can't see the back close up without asking for a specific pic. Very time consuming. I buy whole collections and look at each piece one by one to see if it is different in anyway from one I have. So most of my variations have come to be only by accident.

Just FYI about another possible variation, I don't have any photos but I have seen different Barada figures with both 1984 and 1985 date stamps. The 1984 stamped one that I had came from the Sears' Jabba's Dungeon set and the 1985 stamped figure came off of a POTF card.
    I had not heard of this variation before. i will add it to my list and be on the lookout for it.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

Just got MOC Teebo ROTJ and MOC Logray ROTJ.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Another purchase to add. I just got a parts lot of TIE Interceptors. Two bodies, four wings, no battery covers. One body has a trashed battery compartment and is missing the front part with the guns and light. And the tip of one of the wings is broken. This much I knew I was getting. The extra special treat was in the cockpit of one of them was an absolutley mint Vader complete with cape a saber with tip. The cape is a little wrinkled from being stuffed in the cockpit.

Got it all for $35. I would have paid close to that for just the Vader, and he came for free.

So to recap, I got a mint complete Vader, a TIE Interceptor missing only the battery cover (electronics work and the little battery sticker is still there), and lots of parts for another TIE Interceptor. All for $35 shipped.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page

woot! Got my Gunner today, completely perfect w/ gun. Also got my brown snake Yoda. Maybe someone can help me out with it: No COO and is a little bit darker green than my other one, but not like the orange snake version. The snake is also darker but I suspect my first one to be a repro. What do I have, aside from what I just stated?
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    woot! Got my Gunner today, completely perfect w/ gun. Also got my brown snake Yoda. Maybe someone can help me out with it: No COO and is a little bit darker green than my other one, but not like the orange snake version. The snake is also darker but I suspect my first one to be a repro. What do I have, aside from what I just stated?
    From what I understand Yoda was made in several different shades of green.

I got some more figures in today, also. Loose Admiral Ackbar, See-Threepio (removable limbs) and another General Madine. I've noticed a difference with the two Madines though. The one I got a couple of weeks ago had his head molded in fleshtone plastic with painted hair. This one has his head molded in gray with painted skin. I prefer the one molded in skintone; but I got this new one for only $1 so I can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    Also got my brown snake Yoda. Maybe someone can help me out with it: No COO and is a little bit darker green than my other one, but not like the orange snake version. The snake is also darker but I suspect my first one to be a repro. What do I have, aside from what I just stated?
    Yoda is a hard one when it comes to variations. The snake alone comes in a number of shades of brown and stiffnesses, besides the original orange. I've not personally seen a repro snake, yet. I'd have to see some pictures before trying to make a call.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Got a loose Wicket (this way I dont have to open up my carded Wicket). This loose version has no COO and his face paint-app is a little different. There seems to be less paint around his eyes making them appear smaller. It resembles the very first Wicket figure I got back in 1985 and I have to say that I like this version MUCH better than the "bug-eyed" Wicket with the Taiwan COO.

Hey, sjd929, do you know anything about a "spotted legs" Wicket figure? I could have sworn that the figure I owned back in the 80s had little white spots in the plastic on his legs. Most likely a defect in the plastic similar to the "blue-faced" Data figure from the Galoob Star Trek:TNG toy line. I'm pretty sure that I've seen another Wicket figure with the same problem since then as well, I've just never heard it mentioned when talking about variations.

Got a loose Wicket (this way I dont have to open up my carded Wicket). This loose version has no COO and his face paint-app is a little different. There seems to be less paint around his eyes making them appear smaller. It resembles the very first Wicket figure I got back in 1985 and I have to say that I like this version MUCH better than the "bug-eyed" Wicket with the Taiwan COO.
    I too have both versions of Wicket. I also like the no COO with the smaller more normal eyes.

Hey, sjd929, do you know anything about a "spotted legs" Wicket figure? I could have sworn that the figure I owned back in the 80s had little white spots in the plastic on his legs. Most likely a defect in the plastic similar to the "blue-faced" Data figure from the Galoob Star Trek:TNG toy line. I'm pretty sure that I've seen another Wicket figure with the same problem since then as well, I've just never heard it mentioned when talking about variations.
    There are many vintage Star Wars figures that have this problem. It can even happen to MOC figures. It happens when the softer plastic used for arms and legs breaks down and the chemicals separate. This can leave the figure with what looks like mold growing on it. I collectively call these figures "moss man". Our local old toy shop has a MOC B-Wing pilot that has fuzzy white legs. This seems to be most common on the red plastic like the B-Wing and Nein Numb. As for this being an actual variation, I am quite sure it is not.
    I am Toyhunter80's

I also have this on several figures. Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, Boba Fett. and a few others from a while ago. I call these "Junk"
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car