Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    I wasn't talking about mold, I was talking about white spots showing up deep inside the plastic of Wicket's legs, not something on the surface. I've only seen it on Wicket's legs, not on any other figure. Similar to the limb color changes of Klaatu's arms and legs, except it's not uniform across the whole limb, its just showing up as spots.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It doesn't really count as a purchase, but I did finally get my brother to mail me some of my vintage figures from home.

He sent me:
    Darth Vader (missing saber tip because I always clip those things off)
    Stormtrooper
    Boba Fett
    Bossk (my third Bossk)
    Dengar (he's got kind of a wierd two-tone face thing going)
    Chewbacca
    2 Biker Scouts (1 Taiwan COO, 1 Hong Kong COO, but he couldn't find their guns)
    Han Trenchcoat
    Chief Chirpa
    Logray
    Teebo
    A-Wing Pilot (complete with silver coin)
    A-Wing Fighter (no stickers)

I just realized that, if you count modern rereleases/sculpts, I have all of the Rebel Fighters: vintage A-Wing, vintage Y-Wing, POTJ B-Wing and Saga 2 Dagobah X-Wing.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Wow, am I the only one getting new stuff this week?

My Imperial Shuttle arrived today. The tape on the box was so dried out that I ended up opening it up and putting the whole thing together. If I keep it in the box, I'll just end up selling it.

I've decided that I'm going to display it as the Shuttle Tyderium, since I already have the Endor Han and Chewie to pilot it. Plus, with all the Rebel fighters I have now, I can work on a cool Rebel Hangar Bay diorama.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The tape on the box was so dried out that I ended up opening it up and putting the whole thing together.
    !!!! Jeez Louise !!!!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

It's now on my dresser along with the A-Wing and Y-Wing. Not the largest SW collection display, but there're a couple of impressive pieces there. Although Vader thinks that the dresser is becoming too crowded and he demands his own space.

Oh yeah, and I did eventually find a use for that Shuttle box (see second photo).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shuttle_AY.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	15681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shuttleboxtrash.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	15682  

Just to set your minds at ease, no vintage Imperial Shuttle boxes were harmed in the taking of that photo. It's all very carefully placed so that no trash is actually touching the box itself.

Question for those who know variants:

I just got a second Hoth Leia, this one has brown hair, my other has black.

1) Which is harder to find?
    2) Is there one with red hair?
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post

This variation is not a popular one. Most people would not even look for it. So in this case it does not much matter. One variation does not seem to be more rare than the other. There is a red haired version too. And to make it even more fun there is a variation with the head sculpt and the black bar on her shirt. The two bars are the common flat smooth bar and the less common bar with four raised dots on the bar. The head differences are much harder to spot and may require you to put the two next to each other to see the difference. It is hard to describe them, they are just different.

I wasn't talking about mold, I was talking about white spots showing up deep inside the plastic of Wicket's legs, not something on the surface. I've only seen it on Wicket's legs, not on any other figure. Similar to the limb color changes of Klaatu's arms and legs, except it's not uniform across the whole limb, its just showing up as spots.
    Yesterday I found a spotted limb Wicket. I now see what you mean. It still apears to be a internal plastic degradation problem. This one had both the arms and the legs spoted a bit green.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post

I can't say I've heard of any Leia with black hair. I've seen Hoth Leias with a dark chocolate brown hair color, like mine. And seen some with a more reddish brown. Black is new to me. And like sjd9299 said neither variation is rarer than the other.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Just to set your minds at ease, no vintage Imperial Shuttle boxes were harmed in the taking of that photo. It's all very carefully placed so that no trash is actually touching the box itself.
    CAREFUL! You could sell just the box alone for a pretty good take!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car