Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    I'm actually amazed at just how many variations there are in vintage figures. It seems like every figure (with the exception of POTF) has a variation of some sort.

There're the four different body styles for the Biker Scout (I've only seen three i person), the orange-head and olive-head Bossks, the painted hair/molded face and painted face/molded hair Jedi Luke, and let's not even get started on Klaatu.

So at this point, nothing surprises me in terms of vintage variations.

Also, I'm 99.9% positive that I've spotted a variation on Barada. I've seen figures with two different date stamps, one 1984 and several 1985s. The 1984 date stamp version came with the Jabba's Dungeon playset. I just need a camera lens that's capable of clearly photographing something as small as a date stamp on an action figure.

The only problem I'd have is that the 1984 figure is not in great shape and the date stamp is a little worn down; but still a 4 and a 5 are different enough in shape that it'd be almost impossible to mistake one for the other.

Recent buys...

I haven't been on for quite a while. Oops. Haha.

But yeah, I haven't bought much. I did get a DT Luke for $50 at a toy show. I'd say a C8 condition [it has scratches on his chest, sadly].

Other than that, just a few random complete ones. They were a deal though; they came out to an average of $3 a piece... complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Kid View Post
    I did get a DT Luke for $50 at a toy show. I'd say a C8 condition [it has scratches on his chest, sadly].
    Just remember it's the saber, not the figure that's worth more. That's still pretty cool. I'd like to get a DT Luke one of these days.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I was thinking about getting a replacement Luke just for looks.

However, I was pretty skeptical to the authenticity of the saber when I first bought it. It doesn't have any letters on the hilt, like most do. However, it does have a . on it, in place of a letter(s). So I'm not sure. It's also bright yellow, instead of the pale yellow you normally see. I have seen both though. The pale just seems to be more common. I bought from a reputable seller; I've bought many times from her. She also knows what she's talking about.
    Sorry for the long post.

I've been on another binge recently, but I've been able to focus primarily on the last-17 POTF figures. I've recently purchased:
    Amanaman (absolutely perfect condition)
    Han Carbonite (another in perfect condition)
    Luke Endor Poncho (some paint wear and a little bit of fray on the poncho, but otherwise great)
    Anakin Skywalker (the vintage "ghost" figure)

I've also won auctions for an Imperial Dignitary, EV-9D9 and a Yak Face, I should be getting those soon.

Next in my sights is the Imperial Gunner and Luke Stormtrooper. That will just leave Pop-up Saber R2 and I'm done with the POTF Last-17!

I guess I'm the only one still buying old stuff?

Anyways, my EV-9D9 arrived the other day, still waiting on the Yak Face, Dignitary. I also won my auctions for the Imperial Gunner and Luke Stormtrooper. I got the Gunner for $59 and the Luke Stormtrooper for $79.

I have some feelers out for the PU Saber R2, but those are tough to find right now. I've only been able to find mint loose ones in the UK so far, nothing in the US or Canada (not counting overpriced MOC or AFA auctions). Bidding in GBP is an interesting little exercise, BTW.

If I lose these two auctions then I'll just give it a few weeks and I'm sure more PU-R2s will show up.

I also found an auction for the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves toy which is really just a rereleased Ewok Battle Wagon with the Ewok Catapult stuck on top of it. Of course, the real Ewok Battle Wagon is way beyond what I'm willing to pay right now, so I just threw in a bid of $5 for the Robin Hood version and I won it for $1.04! Add in $12 shipping (from Canada) and I have an acceptable stand in for the vintage Battle Wagon, until I can find a real one at some point.

I might actually look around for the Sherwood Forest playset, because in many ways I like it better than the original Ewok Village that it was based off of (especially the green plastic "foliage" that goes on the treetops).

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Of course, the real Ewok Battle Wagon is way beyond what I'm willing to pay right now, so I just threw in a bid of $5 for the Robin Hood version and I won it for $1.04! Add in $12 shipping (from Canada) and I have an acceptable stand in for the vintage Battle Wagon, until I can find a real one at some point.
    I love it when I win auctions like that. What are real Battle Wagons going for these days? I don't recall them being that much when I last looked at getting one. I guess everything is relative. A Battle Wagon might be cheap relative to an A-Wing, but expensive compared to a X-Wing.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

It might just be a bad time for them, but I couldn't find a single loose Battle Wagon and there weren't any MIB Wagons that were selling for less than $400.

These things usually come in cycles though. For instance, I might do a search for a vintage A-Wing and see nothing in a given week, but then have a ton of them show up on Ebay all at once a few weeks later.

I'll keep looking for a real Battle Wagon, I'm sure one will show up soon enough.

I've almost given up hope on ever owning a vintage Tatooine Skiff (at least one that's not missing a bunch of pieces).

Well, I finally found a really nice PU Saber R2 that's actually in the United States, so I bought it for $95. It's very clean with a nice sticker. Sooo, once all these figures show up, I'll have a complete loose collection of the last-15 POTF figures.

(I own Paploo and Lumat, but I don't consider them a part of the POTF line, since they originally showed up on ROTJ cards.)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I guess I'm the only one still buying old stuff?
    My deal is simply that I consider myself done. I've bought maybe 5 vintage items (figures, carry cases, vehicles, et al) in the last decade. But mad props to you on your finds lately!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."