Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omnithx View Post
    I finally purchased a Radio-Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler this week, bringing me within 3 vehicles of completing my vintage collection. (Except for the accursed micro collection!)It took me ages to find one still working with all the parts, battery cover, ladder etc. Is any one else within ten or so items of achieving their dream collection? I guess once completed I'll find other avenues to start on, Droids series and more.

I'm close. I still need a battle damaged X-Wing, both Troop Transports and a couple of the Sears cardboard playsets. I'm just glad I bought most of my figures back in the early 90's, although I bought them all localy, it looks like it would be alot easier now.

"This will be a day long remembered..."

Got my Luke Stormtrooper, Imperial Gunner, R2 w/ pop-up Saber and Yak Face in the mail today. So that's it! My collection of the 15 vintage POTF figures is complete!

I'll post photos later on.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    "This will be a day long remembered..."

Got my Luke Stormtrooper, Imperial Gunner, R2 w/ pop-up Saber and Yak Face in the mail today. So that's it! My collection of the 15 vintage POTF figures is complete!

I'll post photos later on.
    Congrats! The feeling you get from getting all the POTF figures is nearly as good the feeling you'll get once you've gotten all the vintage figures. One thing that will keep you motived is the knowledge that the rest will be cheaper.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Sweet deal BB!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Thanks guys, it's pretty awesome as long as I don't think too much about all the money I've spent in the last month.

Here're a few standard photos of the figures. I guess I need to get these ones out of my system, then I can start getting some more creative ones taken.

The first one is just the last 15 POTF figures in the order that they showed up in the "Collect all 93" photo from the Planetary Map (without those posers Paploo and Lumat, of course).

The second photo is all my vintage figures, duplicates and all. You can see that I've acquired multiples of a few of the POTF guys. And no, I don't need three Amanamans, one's a 'beater' figure the other two are perfect, but I'll probably end up trading one to my brother.

The third photo is just another POTF group shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	last15.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	16805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintagecollection.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	16806   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	last15potf.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	16807  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

BigB, hows about hooking me up with an Amanaman, you gots triplets.

Real nice collection
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    BigB, hows about hooking me up with an Amanaman, you gots triplets.

Real nice collection
    Actually, I've decided to army-build vintage Amanamans. My collection will be the pride of the homeless shelter.

My brother has expressed interest in one of the C-9.5 Amanamans. If he decides he doesn't want it, then I'll send you a PM. I'm pretty sure you don't want the C-6 "beater" Amanaman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amanamans.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	16811  

Just won this today (technically yesterday):

It's an unopened vintage A-Wing in what looks to be a very nice box. I won it for $457 which I think is pretty good for an unopened one of these. I was willing to go up to $650.

The tape looks pretty clean from the photos too. I've bought "sealed" vintage vehicles before where the box hadn't technically been opened, but the tape was so dried out that the box was pretty much aging itself open.

Now I just have to wait for this to arrive and hope that there was nothing left out in the item description. Given the guy's feedback, though, I don't think I have any reason to expect a problem.

I think this is it for me on vintage items for a while. It's been a fun ride, but I think I better quit now while I can still pay my rent.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I think this is it for me on vintage items for a while. It's been a fun ride, but I think I better quit now while I can still pay my rent.
    You can use the boxes from your MIB stuff to create a rent-free sci-fi house, BB. Hint: Keep the plastic bags as protection from the elements.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I wasthinking about going for that A-wing, good buy.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."