Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    My Romba and Wicket's spears appear identical. Both fairly rigid. Here's two pictures, one with flash on, one off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fenn_2988.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	16926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fenn_2989.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	16927  
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by omnithx View Post
    My Romba and Wicket's spears appear identical. Both fairly rigid. Here's two pictures, one with flash on, one off.
    That's awful hard to tell from those photos, but I think you have two Romba spears omnithx. RS has a good comparison shot of the spears. Romba's spear has smooth details on the spear head and the wrappings are more even. The color doesn't show up well in this picture, but Wicket's spear is a darker tan and Romba's is more a reddish tan. Without a comparison most people wouldn't have a clue they're different.

For both jjreason and omnithx, if you guys have access to a scanner, scan the weapons and I can take a look at them. Cameras just don't work well when it comes to getting the details of accessories. And the devil in the details. If you do scan them, having both sides is very helpful.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I have come across 2 repro types. One is simply rubber and can be folded in half without breaking! The other is more like what others are describing, rigid and painted. The scratch test will usually reveal the difference. I would rather have a slightly scratched real spear than a repro.

If you have doubts, it usually means repro. I bought a sealed Wicket for $15 just so I could be sure.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

My MISB A-Wing showed up on Monday , it's got some shelf wear but it displays beautifully.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6258.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	16929  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Okay, now I'm getting jealous!!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    Okay, now I'm getting jealous!!
    This is like the pride and joy of my collection right now and the best part is that I already own a loose vintage A-Wing, so I don't have to worry about getting the urge to open this puppy up.

I guess I need to get some kind of acrylic case made for this thing.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yes, you really do. It's ridiculously nice, BigB - congrats!!!!

Thanks for all the help with the spear, gentlemen. I've decided I think it's legit - based on the scratch testing and the fact that it seems to have softened up just a tad - I think it was hard from being so cold sitting in the mailbox!!!!

I got a very nice Bespin Luke today (which makes 81 for me, 82 if you include Bespin Han who's at my brother's place) complete with a blue saber!

If anyone would like to upgrade their Jedi Luke, please PM me - I still need the yellow saber and would be glad to work out a deal.

Just missing a nice Bespin Leia now, and 16 of the last 17 (but I didn't have those as a kid, so I'm not feeling any real pressure to rush on them).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I think after I get my car paid off in a few months I'll start to focus a little more on my vintage collection.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I finally got my first POTF figures today. I got the DS Gunner and Amanaman. My friend at work had them and said he would sell them to me. Amanaman is c-8 and DS Gunner c-9. They have no weapons or coins, but I didnt care. I paid 30 bucks for both of them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sweet deal, KH. With any luck you'll be able to track down the parts you need for a good price as well oyes.

Sadly, my extra blue lighsaber has (of course) turned out to be repro. The bastard seller lied right to my face - but then I guess I figured I was getting away with one so maybe I'm the bad guy.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008