Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Here's my Snags..... (photo from ebay, I haven't got him yet)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snags.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	17155  
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Don't even so much as look at the paint on those boots. That's a beauty.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Thanks Jon! I've got my kid gloves and glass cabinet at the ready!
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Got these two guys in today. I already had a Chewbacca figure, but this one has a Taiwan COO and he's molded in a darker brown than my other Hong Kong COO Chewie. Plus his crossbow has a translucent, greenish tint to it.

The Han is just a standard large-head Han Solo. I think the pics of the new Falcon toy have made me a little nostalgic for the days when Han and Chewie were my favorite figures and this was the version of Han that I had back then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hanchewie.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	17185  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm not too pleased with the current crop (notice there's no 'a' in that word ) of SW toys/figs, so I think I might go on a brief bender on vintage stuff. There are some Mini Rigs still seeking after all these years, some figures that need better/complete versions, and one can never have too many carry cases. I may try that eBay thing for said items, as I've heard that there are occasionally a few SW items to be found here and there.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Well, I've been buying a crap load of new figures and decided that I needed something more appropriate to store them in. The fishing tackle cases just feel to undignified for vintage figures. So I've been looking around for some of the vintage Star Wars carrying cases and scored this motherlode today:

He had the original Star Wars case from 1978, but my internet connection crapped out in the last two minutes and I lost it by $0.50. Otherwise I'm really happy with this find especially that ROTJ case.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Hello,
    I have just purchased a Chewbacca Bandoiler Strap, Mint in box. and yes all the foam is intact ...but very oily and fragile , i touched one and it colasped it is still intact but has a dimple.... ANY ideas on how to preserve ?? or a way to remove the oil? i am not going to touch it again.
    thanks
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Brain View Post
    Hello,
    I have just purchased a Chewbacca Bandoiler Strap, Mint in box. and yes all the foam is intact ...but very oily and fragile , i touched one and it colasped it is still intact but has a dimple.... ANY ideas on how to preserve ?? or a way to remove the oil? i am not going to touch it again.
    thanks
    I've heard the problem with foam is a lack of moist. In my Dagobah playset I've taken to misting it was plain water once every couple of months. I don't think it's really helping that, but I don't think it's hurting either. I grossly mishandled the playset when I first bought it and am paying for it now.

I hate it when people touch the foam pieces. My mom rather roughly touched the Dagobah foam when she saw me misting about a year and half ago. I don't think there was any damage, but still. And one my best friend from childhood nearly destroyed my bandolier when I was showing him my stuff about 18 years ago.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Brain View Post
    Hello,
    thanks
    Read the first article on this link.
    http://www.geocities.com/starwarstra...re.html?200822
    It does not appear to be a reversable process, and I do not think it can be haulted either. Foams and plastics will break down over time. They were not made to last very long. I would say light and heat are the two worst things for this foam. My bandolier has stayed in the box since I got it off Ebay about 10 years ago. I just checked it now and the foam is as fresh as the day it was made. The foam rebounds nicely. But it has been in a temperature controled environment in the closed box since I got it.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

thanks, i am going to leave alone for now. it was stored in a attic for many years, if you don't touch it it looks brand new, i have in a air conditioned room now , if the condition changes in a few months i'll post the info.
    thanks
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..