Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Picked up a Sasee in clone gear. It was the last figure I needed.

Don't recall any vintage Clone figures. What's a Saesee?

(this is a section for the Kenner figures from 1978-1985, BTW)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

In the middle of a purchase - Bespin Guard (white), Rebel Commando, Snowtrooper (with original skirt), TIE Fighter Pilot, AT-ST Driver. All are loose and missing their weapons, however they do all look c8 to c9.

the at-st driver gun is the only one that is kinda tough to come by.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Finally scored a vintage die-cast TIE Bomber, in pretty good shape too. That finishes off my vintage die-cast set, only took 20 odd years.
    Here's some happy snaps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fenn_3788.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	18151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fenn_3780.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	18152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fenn_3776.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	18153  
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

In a bit of a surprise score today I wound up with really, really nice versions of General Lando and Imperial Gunner. With any luck I'll have Amanaman and Paploo from the same seller within the next few weeks.

EDITED: In sour news, I found out these figures came with the wrong coloured pistols. If the seller can't make good on this, I'm likely not going to fork out for the originals. **insert swear-word here**
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Just bought one of two figures needed to complete my main collection today. I took a hit in the pocket book on a Last 17 R2 with the pop-up lightsaber. Now I have to convince the wife about a nice blue snaggletooth and start on the vintage die-cast collection!!

Yeah, I paied a preaty peny for my R2 with pop up saber too. 55 dollars. He didn't have the saber, and his sticker was somewhat yellowed. But other than tha, paint and plastic were perfectly collored, and the sticker had almost no wear aside for discoloration from old age. This figure was my all time favorite when I was a kid, but I decided to never spend that much for a loose figure ever again. Just too expensive, says I.

Man!...55 bucks! I got hit for 100. But he is SWEET! I have been looking for one like this for a long time in this condition. Our house burnt two years ago and I lost evrey piece that I had. Its been a slow road to recovery but I am finally down to one figure needed. "Thats what I tell the wife anyhow." Little does she know that I just won two more Tie Pilots on ebay this evening...shhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by jawa39 View Post
    Just bought one of two figures needed to complete my main collection today. I took a hit in the pocket book on a Last 17 R2 with the pop-up lightsaber. Now I have to convince the wife about a nice blue snaggletooth and start on the vintage die-cast collection!!
    Blue Snags was the last vintage figure I needed, and I finally got one in April - cost me 123 + 5 postage, so with exchange rates at the time, around $250!!! (My partner actually encouraged me to buy this!) I was totally conned though.... this is the figure I bought, which was described as absolutely mint:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bs.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	18212
    but this is the figure I eventually received (after many excuses and fobbing off from the seller), with worn paint and floppy limbs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	face008.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	18213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	face009.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	18214
    Unfortunately I had to pay by cheque, so I couldn't claim my money back through Paypal. I reported it to ebay anyway, not expecting any comeback, but a month later I received a phone call out of the blue from ebay Trust & Safety, telling me that as I'm such a valued customer, they'd decided to award me a full refund of 123!! However, 4 months later, and I still haven't received it. But I've phoned them several times, and have been assured I will definitely get it. So when I do, my Snags (who I have since repainted, and now looks pretty spiffy!) will have only cost me the 5 postage!
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.