Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Well, the Comics and Books section would be most appropriate, since this is Kenner toys. But I'd consider those certainly to be "vintage." I enjoyed trying to complete that series; all 107 and the 3 annuals.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Well I got my Vader TIE backdrop instructions today. I'm a little less sore about get gouged on the shipping because it came so fast, but not much. They don't really like a photocopy, but it's hard to tell. They're in really good shape. Better shape than the backdrop I have. I still think it was worth the price given the rarity of the item.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Lucifer is there any chance of letting me see what your talking about, or anyone for that matter that has the Vader TIE Backdrop, I am not sure what that is.

Yup I would say Marvel Star Wars Comics (The originals, not the reprints) fit here, after all they are Vintage EU.

Oh by the way I picked up.
    AT-AT Driver with Rifle C8
    R2 with Sensorscope C8
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Lucifer is there any chance of letting me see what your talking about, or anyone for that matter that has the Vader TIE Backdrop, I am not sure what that is.
    Sure thing. The backdrops are a Special Offer item that came with Vader's TIE and Slave 1. They're a bit playset like, think Cloud City or the Cantina Adventure set. The one I have is like a manila folder, but printed on one side. The Slave 1 version is just a cut down version of the Vader one (different box sizes). Also the Slave 1 version is the rarer of the two.

The SWCA doesn't have any great photos of these items, but here's the Slave 1 box. I don't really like to take my out as it's so fragile. So I'm pretty unlikely to take any photos of it. But eBay has some photos. Here's the auction I lost with Vader's. And I found somebody selling the Slave 1 version, which I had seen before. To give you any idea of rarity that price is greater than paid for my Palitoy DS.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"

Picked up a lone IJ Russian Soldier figure at TRU tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    Picked up a lone IJ Russian Soldier figure at TRU tonight.
    Wait, the Russians were in SW?

We really need to change the title of this thread to Recent Vintage Purchases or the like. This is like the third time this month.

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post

We really need to change the title of this thread to Recent Vintage Purchases or the like. This is like the third time this month.
    Good point, fixed it
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Lucifer thank you, I see what you were saying about the Darth Vader being the cheaper and less rare of the 2, 424.00 and change for the Boba Fett one ouch, if I get one I hope I can score one for a little less, then my wife wont kill me, just maim me really bad, .
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter

You mean I can't tell everyone that I bought a Dairy Queen Chicken Strips meal (with Texas cheese toast, fries, and country gravy accessories) yesterday? Darn.

My problem with being able to post in this here thray-ed, is that I have found just about everything I've had on my list (figurative and literal) from the Kenner line.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

My bad, sorry. Thought I was in the October Hauls thread.