Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    When I was a kid, my dad had his money heavily invested in the family business, so we couldn't afford a whole lot of extras at the time. So even though I couldn't buy them, I enjoyed sifting through them and thus have more nostalgic memories of carded SW figures.

I think he thought they were a ripoff too. "$1.99 for a little piece of plastic?" I remember him saying. I kidded him years later that if he would have bought all those figures that I wanted for $1.99, they would be worth hundreds of dollars apiece today, which was a way better return than the stock market. Course I'd of opened them if he would have gotten em for me.

I went back to F&S, and the booth with the vintage accessories and parts had more (LOTS of vinyl SW carry cases and figure trays), but only one TIE Interceptor wing (of course, same side as my goof from before, but the connector was broken anyway) stuff, but I went Hasbro buying instead of Kenner (no good deals to me).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I just got in the mail a Han Solo type Laser Blaster. I've been looking for one of those on and off for a couple of years now. The problem is most of the pistols I've seen are eBay are ESB logos and I've want either SW or ROTJ logos. The SW pistol is all black and the ESB and ROTJ pistols have silver nobs and a red trigger. So what I picked up is a ROTJ version. Other than a little dirt on one side of the handle and some crude in the battery compartment it's clean. The stickers are in good shape and works like it's new.

Still looking for the 3 position rifle though. I had one, but the price got too steep. Those are rare enough I don't care whether it's a SW or ESB logo. SW would be better (and most likely cheaper) but rarity is king in this case.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I've been wanting an SW pistol. It's hard to find them in working condition!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

When I got the POTF2 one (kind of gray, not the ugly awful orange?!? one), it pretty much sated my hunger for a vintage one. But I do have a very beaten-up 3-position rifle, and the hilt of a lightsaber (no tube).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

¡Olé!

All the way from the Iberian Peninsula: I thought this might be of interest to some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-the-first...mQQ_trksidZp39

BTW: "EEUU" is the Spanish abbreviation for "USA".

IF you're interested in making a "recent purchase".
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    All the way from the Iberian Peninsula: I thought this might be of interest to some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-the-first...mQQ_trksidZp39

BTW: "EEUU" is the Spanish abbreviation for "USA".

IF you're interested in making a "recent purchase".
    Winning bid: $450.00 USD
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Got this case for $14.99 + shipping. You know, you just can't beat these vintage vinyl cases for SW figure storage! The "display" (pegs) function of the trays is hard to beat for vintage figs, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!BW4F(nwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-D4EjlLl0WegBKZfrj(u+g~~_35.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	21063  

Since the vintage line was basically pose-less figures, and the current lines can be goofy scene-specific poses, these have their limits on what can be stored. But I like them (I have about 8-10 different vinyl cases and STILL don't have enough room for all my figs! ). Why doesn't Hasbro make some like this, instead of the character shaped cases (R2 and Falcon are the only ones I can think of, aside from the repainted yellow Threepio case)?

they also had a Vader in the vintage case Bel-Cam
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten