Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Re: Recent Purchases?

I've only recently begun to rebuild my vintage figure collection (which I sold the summer before I got married - money was talking pretty loud at that point). The VOTC relreases made up my mind - I wanted at least those 12 vintage figures (loose) to display with those versions and the retro look cards.

My first deal wasn't bad - 3 loose figures (all of which were c9 or better) for $50 CDN shipped: Darth Vader (saber tip intact), C3PO, and Chewie.

My second deal was a good one - 9 loose figures (all of which arrived c9 except for Lando) for $92 including shipping:

ANH Leia
    Han Solo (small head)
    Obi Wan Kenobi (saber tip intact)
    Boba Fett
    Power Droid
    FX7
    Lando Calrissean
    Yoda (orange snake)
    R2D2 (no scope, very white sticker)

My latest deal (I haven't received the figures yet, but the same seller as deal #2) isn't too bad either:

B-Wing Pilot (which I'm going to repackage on a POTF card I have complete with bubble and coin)
    Lando Calrissean (again, in better shape than last time)
    Tusken Raider
    Greedo
    Hammerhead
    Snaggletooth
    Walrusman
    Luke X-Wing Pilot
    Star Destroyer Commander

all for $100 shipped. In my opinion I've done alright so far!

My old collection was 72 figures, most of which were in near-mint shape (the first 20 were a little more worn due to the age I was when I got them). The B-Wing Pilot will be the one of the figures I didn't have, so that's exciting for me.

My hope is to finish my first 21 in c9 or better, then take a break while the EpIII rush is on. After that, I'll go back and work on the rest of the figures from ESB. Not sure what my final goal is - completism or just getting back to what I had as a kid.
    Last edited by jjreason; 01-17-2005 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Miscount......
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I just got a Vintage Jabba playset for 14.50 plus 6 bucks shipping. Not a bad deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5952199509
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My last vintage purchase was an Unpunched 20-back Power Droid AFA 85, the toughest by far for me to find....
    [font=Fixedsys][color=blue]The force is [font=Impact]strong[/font] with this one![/color][/font]

I recently bought a carded Han Bespin on an ESB card (41 back). It's the first carded vintage figure I've bought.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

A couple weeks back I won an auction for a carded Bib Fortuna and Lobot. Neither were in super condition but they looked decent and I only paid $25 or something like that.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I just bought a vintage sealed Speeder bike here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
    May the force be with you.

nice pick up SK, I got one a few years back for 25 I believe...
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I've been on something of a Biker Scout/Scout Trooper kick lately. I also recently purchased a MOMC unpunched 77 back Biker Scout and a loose Biker Scout with short mouth piece.

I'm not sure what set it off, maybe it was the exclusive Scout Troopers from Battle Fronts that I bought or the cool new Kotobukiya Scout Trooper I put on pre-order.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering both the guns on the exclusive Scout Trooper are glued in place. I bought one that got damaged in shipping and ended up opening him and buying another MOMC.
    May the force be with you.

Great pick up on the Speeder Bike SK. Hell for $15 you could never go wrong.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

SK99, I have been on that kick for sometime now. I have amassed about 10 scouts, new and old, a speeder bike over the last few years in some down time during collecting. I just need a few more bikes. Biker Scouts are just plain old sweet.