Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Re: Recent Purchases?

I recieved Endor Leia in the mail today. 1 more figure closer!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Woohoo! A buddy of mine unloaded a shoebox FULL of Vintage figures. I paid him $75 for the lot. But theres a TON of figures crammed in there. Its gonna take a while to sort through them.

Nice haul Jayspawn.

Someday I'd like to go back and put together a full set of loose Vintage figures. I've just had a hard time getting past the fact that I had most of them already as a kid in excellent condition and had to sell my entire collection due to storage issues when I graduated from high school and went to college. Paying basically ten times more than what I sold them for just makes me sick but I'm sure many collectors have experienced similar situations. For now I'll probably just stick to adding a new carded figure to my Vintage collection from time to time.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Thanks Hellboy!

I've gone through my haul and found some great figures complete! Most of them are in great shape including the white Leia -not even a mark and her plastic cape is flawless! But I've greatly learned that going through Vintage figures is time consuming -I spent HOURS yesterday Haha. Apparently there is going to be extras as I already have several and I'm gonna have a bunch of accessories too. I might hold onto those until I complete my set.

That is one heck of a steal Jay. Have you gotten any count on the number of complete figs yet?

I know when I bought my first mass loose vintage collection I just looked at 'em for a while. It's strange holding 20 year old toys that look impeccable.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I've pieced together about a dozen complete figures so far with another bunch just a weapon away from being complete.

After sorting through that shoebox, I pieced together 13 complete figures! I just ordered some accessories and they ar eon the way, that should complete 4 more figures. I still have some harder pieces to track down though.

17 complete figures when all is said and done isn't bad at all.

Sorting through a shoebox of Vintage figures sure sounds like fun. Many great memories are attached to those little plastic guys.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

It just picked up the rare backdrop for Darth Vader's TIE. The top part has separated from the bottom and one of the sides is starting to come off also. It's made of pretty thin stock, more like a manilla folder. But it would look good for display, so I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Picked up a Cantina Adventure (no figs) complete with all pegs and in awsome shape. It is even in the box which is mostly there. Best of all, I got it cheap!
    [URL="http://www.niktom.com"]Niktom's World[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.myspace.com/niktom"]Niktom's MySpace[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.yakspub.com"]Yak's Pub[/URL]