Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Barada arrived in the mail today! Yeeaaahh!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

awesome!

I got a blaster for my AT-AT commander today in the mail, another completed figure!

My ten figures haven't shown up yet, but that's a bit of a mixed blessing/curse anyhow - the longer they take to get here, the longer I can avoid the wrath of my wife.......

EDITED: Ask and ye shall receive - they were in the mail today! So far, this was the BEST deal I've gotten on vintage. Period. They're wicked - and to top it all off, I now have 5 of the 8 figures I was missing when I was kid (not including the POTF figures, which I don't have any of yet - and didn't have any of back then either). I still need Leia Poncho, Klaatu Skiff Guard and whichever one of the Ewoks came out just before the POTF line.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

just won a Bespin Han Solo, Imperial Commander, and a complete Max Rebo Band including the flute and microphone.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    just won a Bespin Han Solo, Imperial Commander, and a complete Max Rebo Band including the flute and microphone.
    Cool. What colors are the flute and mic?

I just got something I said wasn't going to get. The POTF version of the Jabba the Hutt Dungeon. Basically I it was a good deal and I just couldn't pass it up. Next I'll probability get the Imperial Cruser or figure variations, other stuff I'm not planning on buying.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I believ the instruments are the common silver ones, but hey I'm not complaining. I got all three for only 12.00. the bespin han and imp commander were only 1.00 each.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The silver flute is the rare one. Black flute with silver mics are common versions. But cool, sounds like you got a good deal all around.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

It seems that the recent purchases have been via online auctions (obviously the fastest, easiest, and most effective method), but I'd be curious if anyone finds anything new in collectible or antique shops or from sellersw in person (garage sales, newspaper ads, friends, etc.). There are more stories there, I'd think.

But the important aspect is finding what you want or are looking for, of course.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I think online purchasing is the way to go. I picked up my Hammerhead and Ben Kenobi at an antique shop. Got a good deal -they were in great shape.

But I've gone into an antique shop before and found Chief Chirpa, loose, with NO accessories and the merchant wanted $18 for him. I laughed. Their pitch was"Thats an Original Star Wars toy, he's very rare. And I only have that one". HA!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I think online purchasing is the way to go. I picked up my Hammerhead and Ben Kenobi at an antique shop. Got a good deal -they were in great shape.

But I've gone into an antique shop before and found Chief Chirpa, loose, with NO accessories and the merchant wanted $18 for him. I laughed. Their pitch was"Thats an Original Star Wars toy, he's very rare. And I only have that one". HA!
    See? That's the "story" aspect I love to hear. There was a shop that had figures IN PLASTIC WRAP, not even bags, loose, accessory-less, in fair to poor condition, and wanted FIFTY DOLLARS EACH for them. I, too, laughed at that. C'mon, people are stupid but not that dull.

Can't get that fun from a website, unless it has humorous spelling errors or outrageous demands and claims.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(