Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    I would LOVE to find stuff "in real life" and be able to discuss the items with the seller, to see if they actually know what they've got, where it came from etc. I see that as being less and less likely though, with uninformed people turning to ebay almost immediately to peddle stuff like this in hopes of striking it rich.

The days of the garage sale score are behind us, methinks.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I just picked up another cool vintage from the post office about an hour ago. It the Takara wind-up walking R2. I bought from a guy in Japan, not Canada. It's pretty cool. It still walks, but there some rust on the winding mechanism so I'm not sure I'll wind too many more times. And the stickers on the body are still there, dirty and yellowed but there. Does any know if there were any stickers or paint on the head? Or was it just left silver?
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    I just picked up another cool vintage from the post office about an hour ago. It the Takara wind-up walking R2. I bought from a guy in Japan, not Canada. It's pretty cool. It still walks, but there some rust on the winding mechanism so I'm not sure I'll wind too many more times. And the stickers on the body are still there, dirty and yellowed but there. Does any know if there were any stickers or paint on the head? Or was it just left silver?
    This was a figure I always wanted but never found, so I can't tell you what it was supposed to have... only that I don't have it...
    "That's what Sheev said."

Well I just added five more sets instructions to my folder. I was finally able to find a seller who was selling instruction that I wanted at a reasonable opening bid and had reasonable shipping. Sorry but $5 or $6 to mail me a piece of paper is a joke. The instruction were: the Falcon, Snowspeeder, Imperial Attack Base, Dagobah and the Land of the Jawas.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"

Interesting collection, LusiferSam. Do you have them posted online for people to look at anywhere?

I'd like to be able to see them... I'm sure if I poked around with google or whatever there'd be some place that has them posted up to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    Interesting collection, LusiferSam. Do you have them posted online for people to look at anywhere?
    No I don't have any of them posted online.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I'd like to be able to see them... I'm sure if I poked around with google or whatever there'd be some place that has them posted up to look at.
    I'll save you the trouble. 12Back.com has a number of instructions and SW Inserts has a lot, maybe most. I think 12Back.com is easy navigate, but SW Inserts more stuff.

Cool. Thanks for the links!

Just made the deal today for another bunch of figures from the same seller as I've had good luck with:

$145 for the following:

ANH Luke
    ESB TIE Pilot, R2 (Scope), Blk Bespin Guard, IG88
    ROTJ Lando Skiff, Ree Yees, Bib, Luke Jedi (blue saber), Ackbar, Madine, Nien Nunb

That's $12.08 per figure - CDN - including shipping - which is less than $1 more per figure than I pay for new ones at TRU.

This is going to have me within about 12 figures of what I wanted when I started this whole thing again.

Congrats jjreason! Thats a good deal for those figures -I hope they are complete.

I've been trying to track down a good R2 w/ saber. Thats tough.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

They're all supposed to be complete. The fella that I'm dealing with is the one I got my last 5 figures from, with which I was very, very happy. I'm going to stick with him until he can't help me out any more - but he seems to ALWAYS be posting sales of new collections he's bought up. Unbelievable how some people have a steady stream of good stuff coming to them.

R2 with Saber is going to be tough - the days of finding him in good shape for a decent price are long behind us, methinks. I'm still not sure what my mindset is going to be when I get to needing only the POTF figs - but I'm sure I'll pick away at them as money permits. Anakin and the Imperial Dignitary tickle my fancy for some reason - I guess I'm the last remaining fan of the salt shaker style figure.