Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Good score Rebos Guitarist!

$20 is a great price. I would have bought it. Love it when antique stores have awesome stuff!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Do the things that are supposed to hold the figures in place actually stay where they are supposed to? the Vader one I had as a kid didn't and was all over the place.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

My Vader one, the bars across the figs stay there, but the figs fall out of them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    My Vader one, the bars across the figs stay there, but the figs fall out of them.
    Same here

Im lookin for all the cards that show the figures that came with the cases if anyone knows anyone lookin to sell them.

Also found the Fett pin and Vader pendant with the ESB logos that dangle from them for 5 each, just need to somehow find the boxes they came in.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    Do the things that are supposed to hold the figures in place actually stay where they are supposed to? the Vader one I had as a kid didn't and was all over the place.
    Yes, they really do. The catch is you need to know how to use them. The Vader case works fine as long you don't jostle it around too much and keep it up right. How many kids are going to do that? My C-3PO case (my childhood case) also works fine. The biggest problem I've had with it is accessories flopping around. In that case I have always kept the insert in the case which helps keep the figures in place. I'm guessing the Vader case would also do better if you kept the insert in the case.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Picked up a power droid (C-8), R5-D4 (C-7), Luke X-wing and Lando w/teeth (both C-9) and an AFA graded loose Wicket (U-85) over the weekend. Next up are a C-9 Boba and C-3P0, and I should be content for awhile.

R5-D4 is pretty tough to come by in good shape. So is R2 for that matter. 20 years tends to do things to white stickers, I guess.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    20 years tends to do things to white stickers, I guess.
    So very true -- I have an R2 that was really bleached out and dirty, and I bought a repro label off some dude on eBay for it, and it actually looks great -- for display purposes only, of course.

I've also noticed frequent yellowing of the white plastic figures (Leia, Stormtroopers) and deterioration in many of the softgoods -- particularly Yoda's cloak. The old AFA protective cases with the UV protection are seeming like an increasingly good idea to me, but they're still pricey.

Jon, did you get that Leia yet? Wondering if it was as good as the pic on Ebay.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten