Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    You going for variants as well?

Happy 500 to me!!
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Happy 500th, dude!

No, no variants, really. I just like the look of the white hair Ben and smiling Lando better than the others.

Enjoying your mini-rigs?

Sure will when they get here!
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

I just won Endor Leia, 8D8, and AT-ST Driver for $20, all in really nice condition. I have been losing out a lot on Hoth Leia. For some reason she is really popular.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I have been losing out a lot on Hoth Leia. For some reason she is really popular.
    Well, just get lost in a snowstorm (brothers are okay, too), you get a kiss. Who wouldn't want that?

The one figure that I didn't think would be tough to find but was for me was brown hair original Luke. Took my over 3 years once I resumed collecting.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I have been losing out a lot on Hoth Leia. For some reason she is really popular.
    Not good news... I'd been considering trying to add one to my collection later.

Congrats on your other winnings, though!

Received a nice unpunched ROTJ Weequay yesterday. For some reason it took me a while to get one of these. I know they are very common (as well as are most of the ROTJ). Weequay was one of my favorites. Had 6 as a kid. Bought 5 of them at a KB sale for $1.29 each. How's that for a good memory?

Still waiting on the Carbonite block.

Btw, if any of you need nice vintage figures email me. I have tons and about 95% are complete with original weapons. We'll work out a nice deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Actually finding Romba's spear might be very difficult. Romba and Wicket don't share the same spear. The colors are slightly different, as are the details. Wicket's spear has sharper details, where as Romba's spear less sharp. The color differences don't show up real well in this photo but the details do. Side by side it pretty clear. By most people assume they're the same and don't look.
    Its looking like the Romba spear head is smoother than the spear that comes with Wicket. So thats the major, notible difference.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    Its looking like the Romba spear head is smoother than the spear that comes with Wicket. So thats the major, notible difference.
    Yup. The shaft is also smoother. And the detail on the rope/thread (the part where the spear head meets the shaft) is also smoother. And as I said the color is different. It's very hard to tell the difference in that photo, but all of the examples that I have it's very easy to that they aren't the same color.

This is in one area of vintage collecting that really gets under my skin. The devil is the details. Whether you collect MOC or loose items you need to pay attention to the details. Here is a detail that is clearly noticeable and yet is frequently overlooked. Just read what is said at RS.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    This is in one area of vintage collecting that really gets under my skin.
    I still love my all time favorite... the blacker than black Han blaster that comes with Trench Coat Han, and the super-black Stormie blaster that comes with Luke Stormtrooper. There is really no way to be sure you are getting the proper item on ebay unless you buy them sealed. most dealers don't even have a clue.

Also, I won a Walrusman and a Tie Pilot today, both in outstanding condition. As soon as I receive them, i'll tack them onto my total in my little thread.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car