Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    That Lando looks good enough to keep on card! Opening figures on cards is fun, but I only do it when the card is pretty much a disaster, either bent to all heck, punctured, ripped, or, my fave, on a "cut" card.

If the card is nice, I wouldn't open it, because I know somebody out there would likely want it carded.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Got 3 more in the mail today, Gamorean Guard, Rebel Commando and a really nice Squidhead. Check out the other thread for pics.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

Just won a 12'' Stormtrooper which "appears" to be pretty white, for $12.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Got a POTF carded Paploo in yesterday and a ROTJ carded Wicket in today. I had to open the Paploo because there was a crack in the bubble and a really funky odor coming out of it. When I took the figure out, he smelled like moldy water; but after a quick bath in dishwashing liquid, everything seems to be fine.

Just won two auctions today for a carded A-Wing Pilot and a carded Admiral Ackbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    Just won a 12'' Stormtrooper which "appears" to be pretty white, for $12.
    Is that pretty white for a fly guy? From a certain point of view?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

WOOHOO!! I just scored a MISB Imperial Shuttle for $250! It was an auction on Ebay that I lost, but the winner took too long to pay so the seller gave me a second chance offer, which I took without any hesitation.

Wow, congrats, thats a big score.

I always wondered how many people took advantage of the second chance offer.....
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

That's the first time I've ever gotten one. She said the guy who won the auction hadn't paid her in over a week and he was selling a bunch of stuff all of a sudden with 'Buy it Now' options to try to raise the money. So, she thought she would offer it to me. My max bid was $250 and the auction ended at $255, so she's not losing a whole lot of money.

A part of me feels a little bad about snatching it out from under this guy, but another part thinks, "If you don't have the money, why make the bid?"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    "If you don't have the money, why make the bid?"
    If only every buyer had the capacity for that line of reasoning. Actually, out of about 300 items sold, I've only had 3 deadbeats. We like auction item numbers around here, so we can drool over each others' purchases! So, let's have it!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    If only every buyer had the capacity for that line of reasoning. Actually, out of about 300 items sold, I've only had 3 deadbeats. We like auction item numbers around here, so we can drool over each others' purchases! So, let's have it!
    Ooops! Sorry, here you go:

The Imperial Shuttle:

The Y-Wing, that just came in today

I'll try to get some good photos of the Y-Wing, the tape is broken on the box, so I can open without regret.