Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    I just got some Imperial Shuttle parts to upgrade one and nearly complete my second. I still need to upgrade to at least one if not two WHITE side doors. My second shuttle is only missing the big back gun.

There was supposed to be a Warok bow in the box too but I did not see it. I am hoping he forgot to send it or something.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

Quote Originally Posted by sjd9299 View Post
    I just got some Imperial Shuttle parts to upgrade one and nearly complete my second. I still need to upgrade to at least one if not two WHITE side doors. My second shuttle is only missing the big back gun.

There was supposed to be a Warok bow in the box too but I did not see it. I am hoping he forgot to send it or something.
    I'm always nervous about buying extra weapons over the internet, because they're so small and so much can happen to them in the whole packing, shipping, and unpacking process. Especially if you ordered them alonside larger items.

Anways hope it didn't get lost.

Seeing as how the first half of 2008 is going to be such a dud in terms of OT figures, I've been working on rebuilding my vintage collection.

Today I just received a really nice Leia Boushh, Bib Fortuna, Ree-Yees and Squidhead (along with a replacement Nein Nunb pistol and Weequay Staff).

I just ordered a new Leia Combat Poncho. For some reason I really like the face sculpts on the vintage ROTJ Leias. Kenner never really went out of their way to capture Carrie Fisher's likeness, instead just focusing on making a "pleasant" face for the figure.

Which I kind of wish was Hasbro's policy these days, in that they should be focused more on making a good overall figure and not on making perfect 4" representations of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford.

But I guess it was just a different time and expectations for childrens' toys back then just weren't that high.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I got a short-masked Biker Scout in the mail last week. A little discolored but otherwise in good shape. I also just won an auction for a Romba, which will finish off my vintage Ewok collection.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I got Romba in today, so I now have all the vintage Ewoks.

I also just won an auction for a complete vintage Jabba the Hutt Playset for only $40. This will be the first time I've had a complete one of these, so I'm excited.

I picked up what looks like to be a green cape Squid head.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Cool! Any pictures? I've never even heard of that one. I always remember seeing the black cape on Squidhead on the old 77 back cards and wanted one of those just so I could put the black cape on my Darth Vader.

As much as I love the old Kenner line, I always remember being so frustrated as a kid that Kenner never bothered to update Darth Vader. Of course, now we have the complete polar opposite of that situation.

I made a couple of big purchases recently. I got ahold of that Jabba's Palace set, but the seller neglected to mention that one of his arms had been broken off and reglued. As soon as I tried moving the arm, it fell right off.

But then I found this:

From the looks of the photo, this guy has a bunch of these vintage Jabba figures in Kenner cases. I bought one, my brother bought one and he's relisted another one.

So, that helped, but being a little new to ebay, I wasn't sure what to do about feedback for the broken Jabba. Everything else was fine. I didn't want to risk retaliation (since a negative feedback for me would affect me worse than one for this seller), so I just mentioned the good points and left a positive (if unethusiastic) feedback for him. And the seller has yet to leave me feedback at all.

Oh well, I just see this as one of those "buyer beware" things and I probably needed a reality check to break my ebay binge before I spend too much.

The good news is, I also picked up a really nice Rebo Band, another Bib Fortuna (this one with his tentacles wrapping across his torso, instead of just under his arms), Pruneface, a perfect condition Carbonite Han, and another perfect condition Amanaman.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Uh, hope you paid less for the 20-year old mold growing on it...

I always thought it was the red cape that was the ultra rare one (or maybe I'm thinking of Bib Fortuna). Alls I knows is I gots the regular S.H.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I've heard of Squid Head coming with a number of different cape colors. White, pink, red, orange, green, black and varying shades of brown Some of these colors need to be in quotes because they aren't really that color. Now black is the prototype only. So like Bib Fortuna's red coat and Jedi Luke's black cloak you can see it on the 65 card back but was never released. The Collectors Archive had some pictures of these at point one, but I can't find them now (man I hate searching for stuff on that site).
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Uh, hope you paid less for the 20-year old mold growing on it...

I always thought it was the red cape that was the ultra rare one (or maybe I'm thinking of Bib Fortuna). Alls I knows is I gots the regular S.H.

I have a red one as well. You should look into the many different colors it came out with, as LusiferSam mentioned.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Does any one have pictures of the Squid Head variants? I have four Squid Heads and none of them have the same cape color, but all are a different green/brown color. I am very interested in seeing some of these more dramatic colors like red.

I have also found a lot of variation in the skirt, both color and length.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716