Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The second photo is all my vintage figures, duplicates and all.

The third photo is just another POTF group shot.

Man, I've been looking for a loose Saber R2 like that at the right price for a long time. I've come to the conclusion the only way to go is to open up a beater. It's always a pleasure to see one with a sticker that nice.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    Man, I've been looking for a loose Saber R2 like that at the right price for a long time. I've come to the conclusion the only way to go is to open up a beater. It's always a pleasure to see one with a sticker that nice.
    It took me a while to find one that nice. It was one of the first POTF figures I started looking for and the last figure I found in c-9 condition. I wonder if the sticker for that Artoo was made of a lower grade paper which is why it yellows or browns so much quicker than the Artoos that are 8 years older.

Well I finally won a replacement Wicket on ebay after about 5 tries. Sadly, I missed out on a GORGEOUS Bespin Leia by 50 cents - and she ended at just under $12. Why the HELL didn't I bid higher????
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Well I finally won a replacement Wicket on ebay after about 5 tries. Sadly, I missed out on a GORGEOUS Bespin Leia by 50 cents - and she ended at just under $12. Why the HELL didn't I bid higher????
    If all you want is the figure in excellent condition, I have a spare one I can give you. I bought it for the cape and gun, which are now on my beat up childhood Bespin Leia.

It may be awhile before I can get it out, but it will go out. I HATE going to the post office.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    If all you want is the figure in excellent condition, I have a spare one I can give you. I bought it for the cape and gun, which are now on my beat up childhood Bespin Leia.

It may be awhile before I can get it out, but it will go out. I HATE going to the post office.
    I appreciate that Jon, thanks, but it's the whole kit and kaboodle I'm missing. I'm still bitter - it was even from one of my "favorite sellers" - a Canadian dude who has provided me with at least half of my current vintage figures. I had bids up on 2 other ewoks I needed as well (can't recall which ones) as well as a Barada - I wound up losing them ALL by a grand total of about $2.

Well I got my Wicket, but have some serious concerns about his spear being repro. It seems too dark, and WAY too rigid compared to what I remember from the old days. Can anyone speak to the rigidity of their Wicket spears???

Well I got my Wicket, but have some serious concerns about his spear being repro. It seems too dark, and WAY too rigid compared to what I remember from the old days. Can anyone speak to the rigidity of their Wicket spears???
    My spears flex quite easily. Check to see if your spear has been painted brown. The most common repros are black plastic painted brown. Scratch a hidden spot with a knife and see if any brown paint comes off. Also look for the spear being a little too thick, like it was real hard to get it into Wicket's hand. The real spear is thin enough to fit in his hand without much difficulty.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

It seems too dark, and WAY too rigid compared to what I remember from the old days. Can anyone speak to the rigidity of their Wicket spears???
    innuendo (n) - a suggestion or hint about some person or thing; an indirect asperision; insinuation: usually in derogation

euphemism (n) - a mild or agreeable expression substituted for a realistic description of something disagreeable

que' (adj., Span.) - what; a word beginning a statement of confusion or desiring extra clarification

"May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Now Wicket's spear is a little bit different from Romba's. But Romba's is the lighter colored one, not the darker. Anyway, my spears are a little stiffer than what sjd9299 is describing. My flex, but only a little. They aren't the most flexible vintage accessory I have, but they aren't the most rigid either. The other thing you can do is checkout the Jawa's Armory and see if you spear matches what's there.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I was worried it was going to scratch, but it appears to be fine. I wonder if perhaps it was the Romba version originally - it just seems a shade too dark for Wickets. Maybe I'll try a little harder to scratch the bottom of it and see what happens....

Nope, seems fine?