Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Well, I picked up not one, but two more A-Wings and one even had a carded pilot thrown in as well. So, that brings my count up to 3 loose A-Wings and one sealed in the box. As well two POTF carded Pilots (one AFA graded), one Droids carded Pilot (AFA graded), and two loose Pilots.

I think this is turning into a sickness. (the extra box came from one of the loose A-Wings I won on Ebay)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6294.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	16980  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

You planning on making a diorama of one crashing into the Vintage Star Destroyer vehicle/playset? How many B-Wings you got? You could help the Rebels win against DS II (oh, wait, they did win).
    "That's what Sheev said."

The last vintage item I picked up was at Celebration IV, the role play Biker Scout Pistol still in box from the Lucas Archives auction. I always wanted one of those and after all these years it is finally in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    You planning on making a diorama of one crashing into the Vintage Star Destroyer vehicle/playset? How many B-Wings you got? You could help the Rebels win against DS II (oh, wait, they did win).
    I did actually have an idea a while back to recreate the Rebel Hangar from ROTJ using only vintage vehicles and figures. I have these three A-Wings, the Shuttle and a Y-Wing, so all I need now is just a few X-Wings, one or two more Y-Wings and a B-Wing or two.... oh yeah, and a Millenium Falcon.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Sadly, my extra blue lighsaber has (of course) turned out to be repro. The bastard seller lied right to my face - but then I guess I figured I was getting away with one so maybe I'm the bad guy.
    JJ, if you need a blue saber, this guy is selling them for $11 each. Apparently, all his items were found in a warehouse and he has a ton of feedback.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...v=#Post3083514
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Those are AWESOME deals. Sadly, I need the yellow saber and he's lost his bag of those.

I had purchased this Luke because he came with the blue saber - what I had thought was a mistake by the vendor that I could capitalize on. Turns out it was too good to be true.

Either way, my Bespin Luke looks great on the shelf, complete with his fake blue saber.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I just got my new Ben and a new Tatooine Luke. My childhood Ben is one of the worst of my original figures. He has his cape, but it's ripped, cut and held on by tape. I have both legs, but they are broken off. And he is missing his saber. The second Ben I got has a major rip in his cape to. Luke has yellow legs and bright yellow hair. Unfortunately I think both lightsabers are repros. The colors are off and Luke's just feels too loose.

A few days earlier I got a new Hoth Luke. This was to replace the one I have with a broken thumb. The old has the better paint job (it's a factory thing, not wear and tear) and is less yellowed, but the new one has thumb. I just can't seem to win.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Sometimes if I get a couple of bad deals in a row it kind of sours my taste for Ebay for a little while; but then the urge eventually comes back. I'm slowing down significantly on buying stuff right now; but I did pick up a new Wicket recently and I'm thinking that he might have a repro hood.

It's made of much softer plastic than my old Wicket's hood and seems to be to small. The facehole for the hood on the new figure just doesn't seem to come down low enough and is obscuring the lower part of his bottom lip.

I wanted to replace my old Wicket figure, which has a scratched nose, so I just swapped hoods and that seems to work fine; but I've also noticed what appears to be a third variation on the Wicket figure.

There are of course the Taiwan COO and the No COO version. But I now have two of the No COO Wickets and there are noticeable differences between them. One of them has a much yellower color of paint and the other has almost a greenish tint to it's paint. The one with the yellowish paint also has green spots in the plastic of his arms and legs. It's not mold because it can't be scraped off, but it appears to be a side effect of the plastic degrading. This is actually the third Wicket figure I remember seeing with this problem, all of them without a COO. In fact the greenish paint, no COO Wicket is the first one of those I have ever seen.

And I don't believe the greenish paint is an effect of fading due to light, because you would expect a "shadow" of the hood to be made in the paint if that was the case. And the plastic itself is not faded or discolored at all.

I'll try to get pictures to show you all what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Sometimes if I get a couple of bad deals in a row it kind of sours my taste for Ebay for a little while; but then the urge eventually comes back. I'm slowing down significantly on buying stuff right now; but I did pick up a new Wicket recently and I'm thinking that he might have a repro hood.

It's made of much softer plastic than my old Wicket's hood and seems to be to small. The facehole for the hood on the new figure just doesn't seem to come down low enough and is obscuring the lower part of his bottom lip.

I wanted to replace my old Wicket figure, which has a scratched nose, so I just swapped hoods and that seems to work fine; but I've also noticed what appears to be a third variation on the Wicket figure.

There are of course the Taiwan COO and the No COO version. But I now have two of the No COO Wickets and there are noticeable differences between them. One of them has a much yellower color of paint and the other has almost a greenish tint to it's paint. The one with the yellowish paint also has green spots in the plastic of his arms and legs. It's not mold because it can't be scraped off, but it appears to be a side effect of the plastic degrading. This is actually the third Wicket figure I remember seeing with this problem, all of them without a COO. In fact the greenish paint, no COO Wicket is the first one of those I have ever seen.

And I don't believe the greenish paint is an effect of fading due to light, because you would expect a "shadow" of the hood to be made in the paint if that was the case. And the plastic itself is not faded or discolored at all.

I'll try to get pictures to show you all what I'm talking about.
    Yes, I have seen this variation before. I am not sure why the legs get the green spots.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

I just got a Creature Cantina with box and instructions sheet, only missing one of the doors and a spotted Wicket with hood for $30.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716