Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    I'm bidding on some Droids and Ewoks figures now. I didn't like these toy lines AT ALL when I was a kid, because I didn't like the cartoony look; but I've developed a new appreciation for the figures, and the TV shows, recently.

Also, original animation cells for both cartoons are showing up all over ebay now; so, being the big animation fan that I am, I've been snatching up as many as I can afford.

Check these out:
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Got this in yesterday morning, then threw him in the freezer for 24 hours to eliminate any possibility of insects living in the fur. He's thawing out now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paploostuffed.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	17131  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I vaguely remember a stuffed Chewie that your ewok reminds me of from way back in the day. does anybody else remember this? I remember he had the ammo belt and it broke easily.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I vaguely remember a stuffed Chewie that your ewok reminds me of from way back in the day. does anybody else remember this? I remember he had the ammo belt and it broke easily.
    Yes, they did make one in 1978 or 1979. They show up on Ebay every now and then:

oh yes, that's him. I remembered him having more ammo pockets.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I guess watching ESB and ROTJ back to back on Spike today has gotten me in an Empire mood, so I've decided to fill in some of the holes in my Imperial figure collection. I won an Imperial Commander and am currently bidding on another Royal Guard (I only have one) and an AT-ST Driver. Also got a good deal on a nice looking Han Bespin and am bidding on an Ugnaught.

Ha! See, once you get bitten by the vintage bug, forever will it rule your destiny! You might as well admit you are going to get all of the vintage figures, especially since a lot of the heavy hitters are already out of the way!

There is no escaping it now. Give yourself to the vintage side.

I know! I ended up buying 9 figures from this one guy on Ebay.

Han Bespin (replacement for my beat up and discolored one)
    Imperial Commander (to be used as a Shuttle pilot)
    Emperor's Royal Guard (now my other RG won't be pulling double duty)
    Cloud Car Pilot (just cuz)
    Ugnaught (he was too cute... and cheap to pass up)
    TIE Fighter Pilot (another replacement for beat up figure)
    8D8 (only cost me $1 so why not?)
    Rebel Commando (now I have all the ROTJ Endor Rebel figures)
    AT-ST Driver (another hole filled, completing my ROTJ Imperials)

For sure, I need at least one more Imperial Commander for my shuttle. Then I'll probably start building up a small vintage Stormtrooper army.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is April 15th and I've been putting off sending my tax check to the IRS long enough. So I'm going to have to take a break from buying new stuff until I get some more cash flowing in.

For a couple of years now I've only needed one last figure to complete my vintage line-up.... Blue Snags. I finally bit the bullet this week, upped my ebay bids, and...err.... snagged one! Cost me £128, but he does look really minty - just hope he lives up to the seller's description.

Only one thing taken the shine off..... I can't find my Jabba's band! They're packed away in the loft somewhere, but I've been searching without success. Hope they turn up soon, I really want to get the whole collection on display together.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

just found a carded r2d2 with pop up saber, tie fighter pilot and emporers guard, i got all three for 150, the cards were in great shape , so i thought it was a good buy. also got a collection of ewok stuff , lots of paper goods i do not know what to do with... shameless plug here 280217943716 look at the other stuff to.
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..