Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Amanaman is now in the house.

Anyone else hoping the recession might cause a few folks to choose to unload their collections? I'm starting to browse for lots, hoping there'll be a glut over the next year or so which will cause the prices to fall.

Kinda vulturesque of me, I know....
    That's how I finsihed mine in the early/mid 1990s. I recall several ads in the papers (remember newspapers, kids? ) for people doing just that: got a Y-Wing (no bomb accessory, but an Ackbar staff in the cockpit) for $20, some extras of various loose figures less than $10 each, a Wampa or Dewback I think, perhaps others. It could become cyclical; you may do the same in a few years (hopefully you don't have to).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yeah, I hope so too. Luckily my job is about as recession-proof as possible.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

2 scores on ebay tonight, but i won't count them until they're in hand: Paploo and Warok (and i had a near-miss on Lumat which would have rounded out my vintage Ewoks). All in good time.

you are on the home stretch now. I hope to finish mine next year!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Yeah, I think I'm up to 88....... but I've still got a few weapons to find for a couple of figures (it works out that the guy MIGHT still have the black Endor blaster for my Imp Gunner - he's sure he sent the black Jabba's Palace blaster to the US with a Jedi Luke figure many moons ago. ).

STILL NEED:

Warok
    Romba
    Luke Stormtrooper
    Luke Poncho
    Imp Dignitary
    Han Carbonite
    R2 Pop UP
    Barada
    Yak Face
    EV-9D9
    A-Wing Pilot
    Blue Snags (which I'm still on the fence about but leaning towards trying to get)

I might also try to track down some common variants: toothy Lando, brown haired Bespin Luke and Bespin Leia with a turtleneck... but as I type, I'm starting to sound a little obsessive to myself which is never good.

The end is in sight for my vintage micro collection. Received my Hoth Ion Cannon and Wampa Cave playsets today, all figures included. Just the Generator Attack and Turret Defense sets to go, then on to the micro vehicles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fenn_4241.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	18603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fenn_4242.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	18604  
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by omnithx View Post
    The end is in sight for my vintage micro collection.
    This is one part of the Vintage line I might someday consider getting, but right now, I can live without doing so. Always was jealous of friends who had these (one of my friends had Cloud City world & Hoth world, and another had the collapsing TIE vehicle).

hello,
    Well my latest find is Darth Vaders Star Destroyer playset and Star wars laser Game, both in closed boxes ,never opened or played with. a great find at a garage sale!
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

Went to the SoCal collectibles show Frank & Son, and found a vendor with quite a few accessories, vehicles, and playset parts. I saw some TIE Interceptor wings (no cockpit) and some TIE Fighter cockpits. For $7, a got a canopy-less and battery flap-less blue TIE cockpit and 2 TIE Int wings (one with a broken laser tip). Thought I could create what EU calls a "TIE Ugly" pieced together. Took it home, tried to attach the second wing... wait for it... wait... I'd bought 2 "right" wings and didn't even check there. I suck!

But I also got some "cheap" other figures (from non-vintage lines), and spending a total of $22 for everything, it's not so bad. But darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Went to the SoCal collectibles show Frank & Son, and found a vendor with quite a few accessories, vehicles, and playset parts. I saw some TIE Interceptor wings (no cockpit) and some TIE Fighter cockpits. For $7, a got a canopy-less and battery flap-less blue TIE cockpit and 2 TIE Int wings (one with a broken laser tip). Thought I could create what EU calls a "TIE Ugly" pieced together. Took it home, tried to attach the second wing... wait for it... wait... I'd bought 2 "right" wings and didn't even check there. I suck!

But I also got some "cheap" other figures (from non-vintage lines), and spending a total of $22 for everything, it's not so bad. But darn it!
    I might have a damaged left wing that I would trade for a good right one. Or it might be a right one and I need a left one. Let me check.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716