Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Picked up a nice set of loose vintage star wars figures at a auction. There was 56 in the set. I got a good deal on these.

This weekend dad and I are going to finish my case for my vintage collection. It is made out of wood, measures about 5' by 4', and has 100 cubbie holes for figures. As you can imagine, I am postively stoked! Pictures to follow!

Vintage is what made me a fiend, and will always be near and dear to me. Gosh, I am such a nerd!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Sounds great! I look forward to seeing the photos.

I'm really into my vintage at the moment. I finished the collection last year (or so I thought), with blue Snaggletooth, but I'm now having a session of replacing all my repro accessories... not cheap, I had more than I thought, but it'll be worth it. I've also just discovered a couple of variants I wanted.... I don't collect all the variants, but one of my pet hates is painted faces on figures, so when I found out there were molded face versions of jedi Luke and the rebel commando, I *had* to get them.

I also had a cabinet made for mine a few years ago... I was getting my lounge covered in shelves and cabinets, and this was a little extra to hang in the kitchen (the only space I had left). Unfortunately, I messed up the dimensions, and it ended up very long (tall) and narrow. It's ok though, and they all fitted (apart from the beasts, and large figures like Jabba), but with these new figures I've just bought, it's starting to look very cramped, and it limits me buying more variants.

Here's a couple of pics from a few months ago (upper and lower sections)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw038.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	19708   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw009.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	19709  
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Recent pick-ups

What's up guys!

I got a Dengar ESB MOC on the way and it looks freakin' sweet! Can't wait to get it in the mail next week.

late
    ganja

Got it today! Looks great. Best Dengar I've seen in a while. Clear dent free bubble on a 41-a ESB card with weapon still taped to side and a great crease free card. Just need a Zuckuss now.

What MOC are you collecting? The whole line? Just the bounty hunters?

I've just been getting replacement (original) weapons in the post over the last week or so... nothing like the thrill of getting a new figure, but it's giving me a new appreciation of my old figures as I upgrade them, and I'm enjoying them all over again.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I collect them all. Got a Palitoy unpainted knee Boba Fett variant MOC graded UKG90. Probably the most pristine card, bubble, and figure I've ever seen! I got a lot of ESB MOC, but overall I've got 30 vintage MOC and about 30 G I Joe vintage MOC. finally got an AFA80 blue snaggletooth a couple months ago. If anyone's got any Star Wars store displays from the 70's, 80's, holla at me!

Good luck on the weapons thing, I've recently been updating my loose collection as well. I've got most of the figures from Jaba's Palace and I'm going to start working on ESB figures soon.

I bought a Jawa on SW 12back card and Hammerhead on SW 21 back card off of ebay. Its not that big of a deal cause they are on replicated cards. But I've always wanted to get the original SW lineup on cards and I can't afford to be shelling out hundreds of dollars to get a decent looking vintage card. So I decided to go this route. They did a pretty good job on the card. The only flaw I can notice is that when you look real close at it, you can see faint "printer lines" on it. Its more noticeable on the Hammerhead since there are more solid color areas on it.

I was satisfied with how they turned out and its got me excited to collect vintage figures. I will be buying more in the near future.

I can appreciate the appeal of collecting carded figures, but as I never kept my figures sealed when I was a kid, owning figures that I can't actually touch/play with, doesn't hold the same nostalgia value for me. Plus, display space is a real issue for me, and loose figures obviously take up a lot less room. I wouldn't mind getting a couple of card backs though, as I used to love to pore over all those images, craving more figures, and deciding which one to save up for next... little did I know that 30 years later I'd have the whole lot, plus a thousand or so more!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    I'm wanting to get back into getting some vintage carded....to make sure I don't get any repros
    I have two vintage carded figures if you are interested:

POTF Lando General- almost crystal clear bubble, beautiful punched card. $120. It's the nicest I have ever seen.

POTF Imperial Gunner- somewhat yellowed bubble with a crinkle on top, but not bad. Cardback has some veining, but it really does display nicely- $100

Or, I would trade either of these for a cherry *loose* R2-D2 with pop-up lightsaber or minty Yak Face.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car