Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Boy they just don't mean toys like they use to. You should write letter complaining to that that staff came loose after only 25 years, after all Kenner does care.

Seriously though, that's a nice find. That bubble looks great.
    Yeah, I should probably suggest a way that they can hold the figures and accessories in place using super tight rubber bands that warp the figures and cut into the plastic. I'm sure they'd listen to me.

Actually, on a side note, I wonder what effect those rubber bands are going to have on modern figures 20-25 years down the road. I guess we'll find out when MOC collectors start complaining about the bands melting into the body parts or creating permanent stains as they degrade.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Nice score! I'd love to get back into collecting Vintage figs....I think I'm at 11 so far.
    I've decided to get back into it again; but pace myself more this time. A couple of years ago, I spend so much money on vintage toys over such a short period of time that I kind of burned myself out and I ended up having to sell most of it when the economy went south.

So I'm just going to focus on those items that I really want and not worry so much about having complete collections of anything. Next on my list is a POTF carded Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    Real nice, BigB. That'll display very well.
    Yep, I'm real happy with it and since I already own a loose Barada figure, I have no urge to open him up, which is always a big temptation for me with vintage carded figures (not so much with the modern carded figures, which is kind of odd).

I've got him in a Star Case right now, but honestly I really hate the way Star Cases look. So I'm ordering one of those Acrylic AFA cases for him.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Well, after nearly 24 hours of agonizing over this decision, I decided to jump on this auction:

The funny thing is that the only figure from this set that I don't want is the Blue Snaggletooth. So I'll probably be looking to sell him off immediately to recoup some of the cost of this auction.

Back in late 2008, I sold off all 15 POTF figures in one auction for only $900. A decision I've regretted everyday since. Unfortunately, the recession combined with my brother going through a divorce and needing money, made it necessary. But with this auction, it looks like I will be able to get all of them back again for less than that (assuming that I get at least $100 for the Blue Snags).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The figures arrived this morning!

Pretty happy with them all and it's nice to have gotten 11 of the last-15 in one fell swoop. I paid $500 for this whole set and shipping was free.

I still plan to sell the Blue Snags soon, but I'm not sure what to expect as far as price.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2124.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	22569  

Some close-ups of Blue Snags. Focusing on his boots, because I know that's the key area that collectors want to see. That blaster came bagged with the figure, but I didn't want to risk rubbing any paint off his hands, plus I'm not 100% it's his original blaster.

I wonder if a 1-for-1 trade for a Yak Face would be a good deal.

Name:	IMG_2127.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	22570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2128.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	22571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2129.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	22572  

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Some close-ups of Blue Snags. Focusing on his boots, because I know that's the key area that collectors want to see. That blaster came bagged with the figure, but I didn't want to risk rubbing any paint off his hands, plus I'm not 100% it's his original blaster.

I wonder if a 1-for-1 trade for a Yak Face would be a good deal.
    Hey bigbarada I did a quick search on ebay to see what other blue snags are going for and the range is pretty big range $80-299 depending on condition and if it is complete with weapon. Right now on ebay there is a vintage Cantina Set with Blue Snags and the other 3 figs
    going for only $46 and has 15 hours left. You could try and sell it via ebay as a buy it now/best offer for $100-200 range. Good luck hope you can sell it or trade it for aditional POTF figures you need.

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones1981 View Post
    Hey bigbarada I did a quick search on ebay to see what other blue snags are going for and the range is pretty big range $80-299 depending on condition and if it is complete with weapon. Right now on ebay there is a vintage
    going for only $46 and has 15 hours left. You could try and sell it via ebay as a buy it now/best offer for $100-200 range. Good luck hope you can sell it or trade it for aditional POTF figures you need.
    Thanks for the info! I'll probably end up listing him on Ebay with a $100 starting bid. This will knock what I paid for the POTF set down to $400, which averages out to $36 a figure. Which is a pretty good deal for all of those, except maybe Anakin. If I could get near $200 then that would be even better.

I actually justified this entire purchase on the understanding that I would sell off Blue Snags immediately to offset at least $100 of the cost.

Like I mentioned earlier, my ultimate goal is to rebuild my entire Last-15 POTF collection for less than the $900 I sold it for in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    That blaster came bagged with the figure, but I didn't want to risk rubbing any paint off his hands, plus I'm not 100% it's his original blaster.
    No that blaster isn't the right one. The color is wrong. It should be blue/black, not blue. Very nice find. You should be able to quite a bit of him. I do have to say that term "Last 15" really grades me. That's just something about it.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    No that blaster isn't the right one. The color is wrong. It should be blue/black, not blue. Very nice find. You should be able to quite a bit of him. I do have to say that term "Last 15" really grades me. That's just something about it.
    It seemed a little too light in color to be from so early in the line. I wonder how much it would affect the price if I just sold him without the blaster at all?

I use "last-15" as opposed to "last-17" since I don't consider Paploo and Lumat to be in the same category as the other POTF figures. I used to just say POTF, but then people would think that I was referring to all 37 figures that showed up on the POTF cards.

I agree that last-15 or last-17 is kind of an ugly term, but I can't really think of any other way to refer to them.

This just arrived today. It took me nearly 2 years to track down another one, but I finally managed to score another 1984 datestamped Barada figure.

Since this is such a little known variation, the only way to be sure I was getting this version was to email Ebay sellers and ask them to check the datestamps on the Barada figures they were selling. Last week, I was finally able to track one down through BlueSnagMan.

Name:	barada1984.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	22619  

I seem to remember you asking about this variation in the past. Given what little I know about it I would assume this is the proper variation that comes with the '84 Jabba the Hutt Dungeon. Have you run across an '84 Amanaman or EV-9D9? I remember you talking about the eyes on both, but not the data stamp.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane