Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    I seem to remember you asking about this variation in the past. Given what little I know about it I would assume this is the proper variation that comes with the '84 Jabba the Hutt Dungeon. Have you run across an '84 Amanaman or EV-9D9? I remember you talking about the eyes on both, but not the data stamp.
    Yep, that first Barada was out of my Jabba's Dungeon set (which I sold back in 2008 ), but it was the only figure with a 1984 datestamp. Amanaman and EV-9D9 still had their standard 1985 datestamps.

However, during the two years that I was tracking this figure down, I emailed a lot sellers and talked to some other collectors on RS and most of them had Baradas that came out of the Jabba's Dungeon set, but they all had 1985 datestamps. So, I don't know why there are a few with 1984 on them.

Since the Jabba's Dungeon was a Sears exclusive, then maybe some of the earliest orders from the 1984 Sears Catalog would have included the 1984 Barada, but the later release sets that were available in Sears "brick and mortar" stores might have included the 1985 Barada.

It seems logical, but it's really just a guess at this point.

Ive recently added to my vintage collection. In the Klaatu department, i now have 4 gray limbed Klaatu, 4 tan limbed, 3 grey- 1 tan leg, 3 grey- 1 tan arm, 3 tan- 1 tan leg. Looking for tan legs/ grey arms, or vis-versa! Also checking out these cardbacks on EBAY:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-Vintag...item2558e73c61

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBob View Post
    Ive recently added to my vintage collection. In the Klaatu department, i now have 4 gray limbed Klaatu, 4 tan limbed, 3 grey- 1 tan leg, 3 grey- 1 tan arm, 3 tan- 1 tan leg. Looking for tan legs/ grey arms, or vis-versa! Also checking out these cardbacks on EBAY:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-Vintag...item2558e73c61
    Do you have any photos of the Klaatus? I've supposedly got an all tan limbed Klaatu and an all grey limbed Klaatu; but I'll be darned if I can tell the difference.

$5000 for a bunch of cardbacks with the bubbles ripped off and a few POTF coins? Yikes, I don't think so.

Well, yesterday I got closer to my goal of rebuilding my collection of POTF figures. Han Carbonite, Yak Face and EV-9D9 arrived in the mail. The only problem was whoever shipped them to me was clearly a heavy smoker and I'm allergic to cigarette smoke residue, so I had to place them somewhere to air out for a while. Other than that, I got a great deal: only $217 for all three figures.

So, my goal was to rebuild my "last 15" collection of POTF figures for less than the price I sold it for in 2008 ($904.83 was the exact amount with shipping). So far, I've spent $717.59 to get 14 of the 15 figures back. All I have left is Pop-up Saber R2 and I'm done. And I still have $187.24 left in my "budget" for these figures.

Been awhile since anyone has posted to this thread. Picked up a loose vintage Rebel Commando with weapon for cheap recently. Best version of any Endor rebel soldier. Glad to hear in the recent Hasbro Q&A that a new Rebel Commando/Endor Rebel Soldier will be released in the vintge line in fall 2010. Wonder what name they will give him. I hope they do it right this time. The 1997, 2002, and 2006 versions were so so. Any thoughts?

Despite his molded backpack and helmet, I've always felt that the vintage RC was the best of that figure so far. Very GI Joe-esque looking.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I did eventually get ahold of another pop-up saber Artoo; but, aside from a MOC Gamorrean Guard, I haven't really bought anything since.

I'm at the stage now where I've already owned almost everything at least once, maybe more than once. So buying some of it again just feels like retreading familiar territory. I think the only vintage vehicle that I have never owned and might actually want is the POTF Tatooine Skiff. However, they're not that easy to find on Ebay and the prices are usually pretty outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I did eventually get ahold of another pop-up saber Artoo; but, aside from a MOC Gamorrean Guard, I haven't really bought anything since.

I'm at the stage now where I've already owned almost everything at least once, maybe more than once. So buying some of it again just feels like retreading familiar territory. I think the only vintage vehicle that I have never owned and might actually want is the POTF Tatooine Skiff. However, they're not that easy to find on Ebay and the prices are usually pretty outrageous.
    Same views for me, too, BB (and you "picked" a great avatar there! ). Figure-wise, I've thought about getting a repro carded vinyl cape Jawa, just for its fun factor. And there are maybe 10 figures I own that aren't fully mint loose, plus the POTF Mini Rigs and perhaps the Hoth action sets. But that's about it.

Unlike the current lines, that are Energizer Bunny-ing, the Kenner vintage stuff is finite; and I'm about finished with what I want/can afford.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Same views for me, too, BB (and you "picked" a great avatar there! ). Figure-wise, I've thought about getting a repro carded vinyl cape Jawa, just for its fun factor. And there are maybe 10 figures I own that aren't fully mint loose, plus the POTF Mini Rigs and perhaps the Hoth action sets. But that's about it.

Unlike the current lines, that are Energizer Bunny-ing, the Kenner vintage stuff is finite; and I'm about finished with what I want/can afford.
    Yeah, I still need a few figures to complete my collection of Jabba's Palace goons, but just the thought of typing "8D8" or "Rancor Keeper" into the Ebay search engine fills me with such an overwhelming sense of boredom that I just want to take a nap.

Not much really excites me from the original 21 or the ESB line either (even though I do need to get a new Boba Fett for my Palace set up).

Plus, for every decent figure that I've bought off of Ebay recently, I've purchased 2 or 3 figures that just don't live up to my expectations at all. So maybe my current streak of bad luck has got me a little jaded right now.

Oh yeah, as soon as I saw that picture of the Gamorrean digging for gold, I just knew that I had to have it for my avatar.

I grabbed a Snowtrooper (sorry- Imperial Stormtrooper: Hoth Battle Gear) at a local toy show last Saturday. He's missing the vinyl skirt, but he's pretty darn white with crisp paint and came with his gun for a great price.

My vintage collection is pretty small, I've got a set of the Bounty Hunters and am working to complete the Imperial army, but that's about as deep as I think I'll go.

The guy I bought the Snowtrooper from had a pretty sharp Biker Scout for about $30, but I had already spent my "fun money" so I passed for now...