Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
    Ok first off the term "last 17" really grades on me. Lumat and Paploo aren't that rare in the US and are part of the ROTJ line, rest are POTF figures.

I'm not sure if there's any good price guide sites any more. I use to go to something on Jedinet, but that's long gone. The problem with price guides is they tell you what somebody else was willing to pay for an item, not what the value of the item is. Those are two very different things. The general advice I have for anybody is the true value is what you're willing to pay for it, not somebody else.

The some thing I do a lot of is watching auctions. Unless it's a super rare item I'll watch to see what the going price is. It's a good way to get a feel of what I'll have to shell out. But you have to remember what an item goes one day is not what it's likely to go for the next. I'll put in a low bid on the off chance I win. It doesn't happen often, but does happen.

The best thing is to go with your gut. If it feels wrong walk away. I've past on lots of stuff due to price, shipping, location and seller. 25 is about $40. That's pretty high for a loose incomplete, common figure. POFT of figure maybe. Stormtrooper? Not for me.

If all else fails remember Yoda's advice, any of it.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

thanks for the advice, i think i'll check the us ebay to, see whats available overseas.
    i do appreciate all the help , thanks for making a newb feel welcome

BUMP! Ok, I've gotten back into my Vintage collecting again. A few weeks ago I pulled my collection out of storage and recatalogued it. Turns out I'm just a few accessories and random figures from a complete set.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

After a long drought I've finally picked up some more instructions. I found the B-Wing, Imperial Shuttle and Battle Damage versions of the X-Wing and TIE fighter instruction. I'm excited about these finds because this completes my ROTJ vehicles.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"

I've picked up over 50 loose figs,

Just bought a vintage speeder bike with a great condition box, mint landspeeder w/out box, bidding on a mint condition vehicle maintenance energizer with chewbacca now!
    www.yakface.com
    www.jediinsider.com
    www.jeditemplearchives.com
    www.brianstoys.com
    www.ultrasabers.com

unpunched sandtrooper
    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?"

Well i've bought a lot more figures lately, to many to list, but thanks for the advice i've gotten from a few people on here, its been great to be collecting again, the thrill of the hunt,

Quote Originally Posted by rickantel View Post
    unpunched sandtrooper
    Kenner didn't make a sandtrooper. I think you've posted to the wrong section. This is for Kenner 1978-1985 items, not Hasbro's Vintage Collection.

hi guys,

I have been a big fan my whole life and my uncle handed down to me his collection of kenner figures from when he was a kid. It is in the collection case and has many cool characters. I wanted to see if you guys think they are worth anything. I will try to take pics of them tomorrow. To start, I think I have that first year darth vader, it has the hollow arm. I also have the same hollow arm luke and ben. All guns and sabers are missing though, I do have the capes. I have many other cool characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by david23 View Post
    hi guys,

I have been a big fan my whole life and my uncle handed down to me his collection of kenner figures from when he was a kid. It is in the collection case and has many cool characters. I wanted to see if you guys think they are worth anything. I will try to take pics of them tomorrow. To start, I think I have that first year darth vader, it has the hollow arm. I also have the same hollow arm luke and ben. All guns and sabers are missing though, I do have the capes. I have many other cool characters as well.
    Welcome abroad, glad to have you. Unless the figures are just beat to heck they are worth something. As to how much I can't really say. The really big money figures are the ones still on their cards. Or very rare variations like the DT saber figures or JC Jawa. Since you're missing most of the accessories, the value will be less than that of a complete figure.

There was only one Kenner Darth Vader and Ben Kenobi figure. The Luke figure with the telescoping lightsaber is refereed to as farmboy Luke or Tatooine Luke.